Winslet, Brolin to star in ‘Labor Day’June 18th, 2011 - 4:46 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 18 (IANS) Hollywood star Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin will be seen in “Labor Day”, a big screen adaptation of Joyce Maynard’s 2009 novel of the same name.
While Winslet will play a lonesome single mother, Brolin will be seen as a convicted murderer. The film will be helmed by producer-director, Jason Reitman, reports entertainment weekly.
This is for the first time that the trio is working together.
The drama, part love story, part coming-of-age tale, and part thriller, will go on floors next year.
- Brolin in talks for 'Crazy for the Storm' - Aug 23, 2012
- Joyce Maynard Comes Into Focus Again After J.D. Salinger's Death - Jan 29, 2010
- French film 'The Artist' leads 69 Golden Globe Awards nomination - Dec 16, 2011
- 'Men In Black 3' - funny with right emotional tinge (IANS Movie Review) - May 25, 2012
- Burton, Brolin to team up for 'The Hunchback...' remake? - Mar 02, 2011
- Charles Dickens' incomplete 'Edwin Drood' to get new ending - Jan 25, 2011
- Will Timberlake accept 'Baywatch' film offer? - Jun 22, 2012
- I would have begged Freida to do 'Trishna': Winterbottom - Nov 26, 2011
- Literary works dominate Golden Globe nomination list - Dec 19, 2011
- Clooney starrer 'Up In The Air' bags six Golden Globe nominations - Dec 16, 2009
- Freida Pinto gets new guardian angel - Mar 02, 2011
- Betty White to star in 'Men in Black' sequel - Oct 15, 2010
- Winslet to star in Roman Polanski's next - Sep 26, 2010
- LiLo turned away from Oscar party hosted by Madonna, Demi Moore - Mar 04, 2011
- Frank Langella is back for 'Wall Street 2' - Aug 10, 2009
Tags: coming of age, entertainment weekly, hollywood, hollywood star, jason reitman, josh brolin, joyce maynard, kate winslet, labor day, love story, murderer, novel, screen adaptation, single mother, star kate winslet, thriller