Winona Ryder Is Sorry For Abusing Natalie PortmanNovember 27th, 2010 - 7:30 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
American actress Winona Ryder is very sorry for the verbal abuses that she was forced to hurl at fellow actress Natalie Portman. Well, not literally, Winona Ryder had to enact her role of a disturbed ballet dancer in the upcoming Hollywood venture ‘Black Swan’, in which she is shown ill-treating her rival and likely replacement Natalie Portman.
In a statement to the media, Winona Ryder says that she is not used to using such abusive language in real life and probably that was the reason why she became all the more affected while filming such violent scenes in front of the camera. The Darren Aronofsky film sees Winona Ryder in the role of the prima ballerina of a ballet group and her character is required to continuously insult Natalie Portman’s character, which in turn helps her to better her act as a ballet dancer and also brings in good results for their ballet group.
According to reports in the media, Winona Ryder was so disturbed by her ill behavior towards Natalie Portman, albeit in front of the camera, that she actually apologized to her in writing and also sent the actress a present to make up on all the harsh words that she had to listen from a senior actress. Though we have not been able to get Natalie Portman’s reactions after the incident, we are sure that she must be really happy!
Darren Aronofsky’s thriller ‘Black Swan’ centers on the relationship of a prima ballerina and her younger competitor. The film also stars Mila Kunis alongside Winona Ryder and Natalie Portman.
– Sampurn Wire
- Oscar-nominated 'Black Swan' to hit Indian screens Feb 25 - Feb 02, 2011
- Winona Ryder looks breathless in incredibly tight bodice dress - Jan 20, 2011
- Mila Kunis' 'scars' from 'Black Swan' - Jan 14, 2011
- Black Swan Swims Only For Natalie’s Perfection - Dec 09, 2010
- 'Black Swan' a dark perfection (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 05, 2011
- Natalie Portman And Mila Kunis Share A Steamy Kissing Scene In Black Swan - Aug 21, 2010
- Mila Kunis happy to gain weight - Mar 19, 2011
- Portman's lesbian scene shocks Venice film fest - Sep 02, 2010
- Mila Kunis Speaks About Her Intimate Scenes In "Black Swan" - Dec 05, 2010
- Natalie Portman Speaks About Her Sex-Scene With Mila Kunis In "Black Swan" - Dec 03, 2010
- Portman's father upset with explicit scenes - Oct 25, 2010
- I should have checked into rehab: Portman - Mar 20, 2011
- Natalie Portman Wins Golden Globe Award For "Black Swan" - Jan 17, 2011
- Award-Winning Makeup Designer Judy Chin Speaks About "Black Swan" - Dec 05, 2010
- Benjamin Millepied And Natalie Portman Attend "Black Swan" Premiere - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: abusive language, american actress, ballet dancer, black swan, competitor, darren aronofsky, harsh words, hollywood, ill behavior, mila kunis, natalie portman, prima ballerina, relationship, swan, thriller, violent scenes, winona ryder