Winklevoss Twins Say They Like The Facebook MovieOctober 2nd, 2010 - 7:18 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 2, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Tyler Winklevoss and his twin brother Cameron Winklevoss are hogging limelights these days. They claimed earlier that the flounder of Facebook, the popular social networking site actually stole their idea. They reportedly said in a recent statement that they have liked the movie The Social Network which actually depicts the story behind the rise and phenomenal success of Facebook. The brothers said that Mark Zuckerberg stole the idea they originally came up with when they were batch mates at Harvard university some year back. The twin brothers said that people should watch the film to know their side of the story. The Facebook team including its young and handsome CEO is not very happy with the movie, though publicly they have chosen to ignore it.
The Winklevoss brothers attended the movie’s premiere and saw the film many times. The film has got rave reviews and its director is David Fincher. The brothers are of the vis that they had planned to set up a social networking site meant for the students of Harvard named Harvard Connection. It was at this time that they had hired Marc Zuckerberg to do the database work and develop a software for it. They wanted the site to be completed before their graduation. However, they saw red when the CEO of Facebook who was literally nobody at that time left the work and came up with Facebook in early 2004. Then Marc Zuckerberg quit Harvard and moved Silicon Valley with Facebook and since then there was no looking back for him!
They moved court later on the issue and a settlement case worth $65 million in underway. They say that the film should be seen by all.
- Armie Hammer Shines In "The Social Network" - Oct 03, 2010
- Armie Hammer Plays Double Role In "The Social Network" - Oct 02, 2010
- Cameron Winklevoss Talks About 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- Tyler Winklevoss Praises 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- 'The Social Network' got basic things wrong, says Facebook founder - Dec 06, 2010
- Zuckerberg did not start Facebook 'to get girls' - Dec 07, 2010
- "The Social Network" Creates Waves At Box Office - Oct 03, 2010
- Facebook movie historically inaccurate, say founders - Jul 19, 2010
- Facebook CEO Is A Fraud, Accuse Harvard Students - May 21, 2010
- Facebook CEO accused of Securities fraud by three former Harvard mates - May 21, 2010
- Facebook's rival - Diaspora offers a sneak peak into its code - Sep 17, 2010
- Mark Zuckerberg And Jesse Eisenberg New Friends! - Jan 31, 2011
- Rooney Mara Plays Erica Albright In 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- "The Social Network" Gets A Mixed Reaction - Oct 02, 2010
- Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan Uploads Their Snaps On Facebook - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: batch mates, brother cameron, cameron winklevoss, case worth, ceo, database work, david fincher, facebook, graduation, harvard university, mark zuckerberg, phenomenal success, ranjan, silicon valley, social networking site, twin brother, twins, tyler winklevoss