Winfrey to teach school studentsJuly 7th, 2011 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 7 (IANS) Former talk show queen Oprah Winfrey is now set to teach students of her school, which she established in South Africa.
Winfrey opened the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for girls in Henley on Klip, south of Johannesburg, in 2007, and she will teach a lesson titled “It’s Life 101″.
“(Teaching) should be fun since I love to teach. And they’re like sponges. Like 12th graders everywhere, this first class is both anxious and excited about going to college,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
“Most will be the first in their family. So it’s a very big deal for them, and they’re feeling the pressure,” she added.
- Oprah Winfrey plans to be a high school teacher - Jul 07, 2011
- Oprah has a doctorate now! - Jun 27, 2011
- Newborn's body found in Oprah Winfrey's school - Feb 20, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey introduces her students to Obama - Oct 08, 2010
- Winfrey arranges meet with Obama for African students - Oct 07, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey sells Chicago apartment - Jul 19, 2012
- Oprah issues apology for TV remark - Feb 14, 2012
- Police investigate death of baby at Oprah Winfrey's South African school - Feb 22, 2011
- Rihanna fires back at Joan Rivers - Aug 26, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey's 'secret code name' - Mary - May 24, 2010
- Former matron of Winfrey's school cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- Winfrey offers Bono to host TV show - Dec 21, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey disappointed over acquittal of a women who was accused of abusing children - Oct 13, 2010
- Winfrey 'disappointed' as ex-matron cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- I wish Kourtney a girl: Kendall - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: contactmusic, first class, going to college, henley on klip, johannesburg, leadership academy, life 101, london, oprah winfrey, oprah winfrey leadership academy for girls, queen, school students, south africa, sponges, talk show