Winehouse’s life-size statue in Camden?June 8th, 2012 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 8 (IANS) There are plans to put up a life-size bronze statue of late singer Amy Winehouse at the Roundhouse concert hall, near her home in Camden, where she died last year.
“We think it’s important that Amy’s contribution to music is recognised in Camden, but the idea is in its early stages of development at the moment,” contactmusic.com quoted a spokesman for the venue as saying.
Winehouse fought a long battle with drug and alcohol addiction. She was 27 when she died.
Her family is confident in gaining planning permission but are unsure about how it will be funded.
Said her father Mitch Winehouse: “It will be bronze, life-size, and on the first-floor balcony next to the Roundhouse bar. What we’d like to have is Amy leaning over the balcony and looking, and perhaps pointing, towards Camden Town from Chalk Farm Road.”
“It’s just getting the money for it. If there are any corporations in Camden that would like to sponsor it then they’d be very welcome to get in touch.
“Amy was in love with Camden but for us, it is a place that we associate with heartbreak and love, because we loved Amy dearly. We wanted to have a bench in her memory outside her house in Camden Square, but there are so many hoops you have to jump through to do that,” he added.
- Amy Winehouse's life-size statue to be put up in Camden - Jun 08, 2012
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- No film on Winehouse's life! - Dec 12, 2011
- Winehouse dad demands 10 mn pounds from Gaga - Jul 26, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's house robbed after her death - Aug 11, 2011
- We did our best to save Amy: Mitch Winehouse - Jul 09, 2012
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Winehouse foundation to be launched Sep 14 - Sep 07, 2011
- Lady Gaga being preferred to play Amy Winehouse in biopic - Dec 13, 2011
- Amy died of seizure during detox? - Sep 11, 2011
- Winehouse's home now a rehab charity - Aug 06, 2011
- Amy's death is a lesson: Gaga - Jul 27, 2011
- Winehouse believed she would die young - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: amy winehouse, bench, bronze statue, camden london, camden town, chalk farm road, corporations, drug and alcohol, drug and alcohol addiction, floor balcony, heartbreak, hoops, life size bronze, love, memory, planning permission, roundhouse bar, spokesman, stages of development, venue