Winehouse wouldn’t drink in front of motherNovember 5th, 2011 - 2:02 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 5 (IANS) Late singer Amy Winehouse had so much respect for her mother that she never drank in front of her.
The 27-year-old singer was found dead at her London home in July and recent reports say she was five times over Britain’s drink-drive limit when she died, according to femalefirst.co.uk.
“Amy hated herself when she was drunk. She liked being in control and she hated what alcohol was doing to her. She could go for weeks without having a drink, but then she’d fall off the wagon. She was like a little girl who just couldn’t resist putting her finger in the fan, even though she knew it was dangerous,” said her mother Janis.
“But she never drank in front of me. She loved and respected her family too much for that. She was the type of girl who, before lighting up a cigarette, would ask, ‘Do you mind, mum?’,” she added.
- Sarah is ideal for Amy charity: Mitch Winehouse - Oct 25, 2011
- Winehouse believed she would die young - Jul 26, 2011
- Posthumous Amy Winehouse album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- No film on Winehouse's life! - Dec 12, 2011
- Mollie King has never been drunk - Aug 01, 2012
- Did Gaga visit Winehouse home? - Nov 22, 2011
- Winehouse had plans to adopt? - Aug 01, 2011
- I'm completely devastated: Amy Winehouse's father - Jul 25, 2011
- Gaultier's show infuriates Winehouse's father - Jan 28, 2012
- Winehouse tracks to be used for Bond film? - Jul 29, 2011
- Coroner: Amy Winehouse's death is non suspicious - Jul 25, 2011
- No illegal drugs Amy's body: Report - Aug 24, 2011
- Winehouse making wedding plans? - Apr 05, 2011
- Amy looked like superstar on her funeral - Sep 19, 2011