Winehouse turned to booze out of boredom, says mumMay 26th, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 26 (ANI): Amy Winehouse’s mum has said that her troubled daughter turned to alcohol because of her boredom in St Lucia.
Mum Janis revealed Amy’s staying away from her friends drove the singer to grab the bottle.
“Two of her closest friends are going over to try to calm her down a bit. I think it will make a big difference because in the past few weeks she’s been bored,” the Sun quoted Janis as telling Closer magazine.
“Amy knows her drinking ruined the performance. Of course her band is frustrated, but even they can’t stop her,” she added.
Amy, who is trying to kick her drug addiction Lucia while facing divorce proceedings with hubby Blake Fielder-Civil, recently axed her comeback gig at London’s Shepherd’s Bush Empire.
The 25-year-old had shocked fans earlier this month after giving a shambled performance at the island’s jazz festival, during which she guzzled drinks and forgot her words before bursting into tears.
But Janis has no doubt her daughter would recover and claim her glory again.
She added: “It’s just another one of Amy’s addictions getting the better of her. It’s yet another demon she has to beat.
“She came off drugs on her own so I know she’ll stop drinking too much too. It has to be her decision though, no one else can stop her.” (ANI)
- Winehouse axes 'emotionally painful' UK comeback gig - May 23, 2009
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Winehouse's parents approve of new boyfriend - Jun 23, 2010
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Amy Winehouse found dead at London home (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse's unheard album to be released - Nov 01, 2011
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Reg Traviss devastated after Winehouse's death - Aug 08, 2011
- Winehouse wants ex-husband to enter rehab - May 15, 2010
- Blake Fielder-Civil planning book on Winheouse ? - Aug 11, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's posthumous album to be released soon - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse's fortune goes to parents - Mar 29, 2012
- Winehouse bought crack cocaine before death, says peddler - Aug 01, 2011
- Fielder-Civil 'wants Winehouse to check into rehab before marriage' - Mar 04, 2010
- Blake charged Winehouse 150 pounds a kiss - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: alcohol, amy winehouse, blake fielder civil, booze, boredom, bursting into tears, bush empire, closer magazine, demon, divorce proceedings, drinks, drug addiction, drugs, gig, hubby, jazz festival, london, no doubt, st lucia, sun