Winehouse spending PS1m to launch own record companyJanuary 18th, 2009 - 2:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 18 (ANI): Singer Amy Winehouse is spending a whopping 1 million pounds to launch her own record company, according to reports.
The recovering drug addict named the business Lioness has already made her first signing her uber-talented 12-year-old goddaughter Dionne Bromfield.
Winehouse is convinced that Dionne has what it takes to become Britains next pop sensation.
She has teamed her up with US star Lady Gaga, soul singer Lemar and X Factor finalist Eoghan Quigg to record duets.
Whats more, the Rehab hitmaker has secretly headed into the studio with 12-year-old Dionne to collaborate on a handful of songs herself.
The album is scheduled to release in March.
The album is co-produced and co-written by Amy. It has a kind of funky Motown soul sound, News of the World quoted a source, as saying.
Amy thinks Dionne is so talented that she didnt want to wait for record companies to come knocking in a few years, the source added.
The Grammy-award-winning singer has taken advice from X Factor judges and established record industry moguls Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh, who have both been introduced to Dionne.
Dionne said: I had a lot of record companies wanting to sign me but I didnt know where to go. So for Amy to set up this record company and make me her first signing means so much. (ANI)
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- Winehouse makes unsteady TV comeback - Oct 11, 2009
- Posthumous Amy Winehouse album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Winehouse creates record label to launch god-daughter - Sep 21, 2009
- Winehouse obsessed with spaghetti - Apr 22, 2011
- Winehouse's label to launch 13yr-old goddaughter's debut album - Sep 21, 2009
- Peter Andre keen to sing with Winehouse - Jan 20, 2010
- Sykes, Bromfield together? - Jun 27, 2012
- Amy Winehouse helps pop star goddaughter cut slang from songs - Apr 19, 2011
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse gives away her 11 cats - Feb 12, 2010
- Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London apartment - Jul 24, 2011
- No reunion for Winehouse, Blake - Dec 10, 2009
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Amy Winehouse "happy without Blake Fielder-Civil" - Nov 28, 2009
Tags: amy winehouse, bromfield, dionne, goddaughter, handful of songs, hitmaker, industry moguls, lady gaga, lemar, london jan, louis walsh, motown soul, news of the world, pop sensation, quigg, recovering drug addict, simon cowell, soul singer, sound news, x factor judges