Winehouse ’snubbed’ Eminem’s offer to feature in ‘Relapse’April 11th, 2009 - 12:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 11 (ANI): Eminem’s dig on Amy Winehouse in his latest single seems to make sense after reports emerged that the singer snubbed the rapper’s offer to feature in his comeback album ‘Relapse’.
The Real Slim Shady was said to have eyed teaming up with Amy to recreate the success of his superhit track Stan.
But the ‘Rehab’ hitmaker had allegedly turned down his offer.
“Amy was flattered by the offer. She loves hip-hop and is a big fan of Eminem. But she didn’t feel it was the right thing to do at the present time,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.
Another source added: “Eminem has followed Amy’s career closely. They have both had drug addiction issues and he empathises with her and hoped to feature her on Relapse.
“His idea was to make a track as magical as Stan. But unfortunately Amy declined.
“He understands that recently she hasn’t been in a state to focus on music because of her tumultuous private life but he hopes they will get together on a future project.”
Despite his admiration for his fellow singer, Eminem does not spare her and her jailbird hubby Blake Fielder-Civil from his tongue lash in his new single “We Made You”.
The Academy Award- and Grammy-winner knocks out Amy twice, rapping about her drug past, saying: “Amy, rehab never looked so good. I can’t wait, I’m going back.” (ANI)
- Winehouse declines Eminem's offer - Apr 12, 2009
- Winehouse's unheard album to be released - Nov 01, 2011
- Eminem tongue lashes Winehouse, Fielder-Civil in new song - Apr 08, 2009
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Eminem's Latest Album Leaked On Internet - Jun 09, 2010
- Dad denies Amy Winehouse, Blake Fielder-Civil 'reunion' stories - Dec 10, 2009
- Winehouse's ex-husband desperate to come back - Jun 27, 2010
- Winehouse wants ex-husband to enter rehab - May 15, 2010
- 'Love The Way You Lie' Part Two Set To Release - Nov 04, 2010
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Is Blake Fielder-Civil cheating on Amy Winehouse? - Jan 17, 2010
- Amy Winehouse spotted with new man - Jun 02, 2010
- Winehouse 'hires private eye to spy on Fielder-Civil' - Aug 02, 2009
Tags: academy award, addiction issues, admiration, amy winehouse, comeback album, drug addiction, eminem, future project, hip hop, hitmaker, hubby, lash, london, music, present time, private life, real slim shady, stan, sun, tongue