Winehouse knew she was dying: BennettOctober 2nd, 2011 - 7:29 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 2 (IANS) Veteran singer Tony Bennett, who teamed up with Amy Winehouse for “Body and Soul” says the late singer had a feeling that she was near death.
“She knew that she was in a lot of trouble, that she wasn’t gonna live. It wasn’t drugs, it was alcohol till the end,” dailystar.co.uk quoted him as saying.
And Bennett is disappointed he’ll never get the chance to perform with her again: “She was the only singer that really sang what I call the right way.”
Bennett was thrilled to get the chance to perform with the tragic star at London’s Abbey Road studios for his hit new album “Duets II”.
Winehouse died in July. Her duet with Bennett was released Sep 14.
- Tony Bennett' next album in Spanish - Jan 17, 2012
- Smith pens tribute song for Winehouse - Jan 04, 2012
- Lady Gaga to play Amy Winehouse? - Aug 06, 2011
- Alejandro Sanz to sing with Tony Bennett - Sep 14, 2011
- Alejandro Sanz, Tony Bennett perform in Mexico - Oct 28, 2011
- Winehouse's unheard album to be released - Nov 01, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Lady Gaga being preferred to play Amy Winehouse in biopic - Dec 13, 2011
- Mariah Carey's twins to star in mom's video - Nov 23, 2011
- Adele, Foo Fighters win big at 54th Grammy (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Posthumous Amy Winehouse album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Usher wants to duet with Winehouse - Oct 12, 2010
- Gaga is like Picasso, feels Tony Bennett - Jan 13, 2012
- Microsoft apologises over Amy Winehouse tweet - Jul 27, 2011