Winehouse believed she would die youngJuly 26th, 2011 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 26 (IANS) Amy Winehouse had predicted she would diet at the age of 27.
The “Rehab” singer - who passed away at her home in Camden, north London, Saturday - believed she would become one of a number of music stars in the “27 Club”, which includes Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Friends revealed she also had an “obsessive” personality when it came to drugs, alcohol and food.
Her friend Alex Foden, who once lived with the musician, said: “Unfortunately, Amy had a very obsessive personality. She did everything to extremes, especially when it came to food and drugs. She loved food.”
“But she’d either have binges - eating loads before running up to the toilet and getting rid of it all again - or she’d go up to four or five days without eating, surviving on alcohol, drugs and sweets.”
“Amy always told me she thought she would die young and that she knew she’d become part of the ‘27 Club’,” he said.
- 'Angel' Amy Winehouse cremated - Jul 27, 2011
- Amy Winehouse dead, joins Club-27 - Jul 24, 2011
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Lady Gaga wants to star as Amy Winehouse in movie - Aug 05, 2011
- Amy Winehouse fears early death - Dec 28, 2008
- Britney fears shell die at 27, says author - Jun 21, 2008
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- Winehouse wouldn't drink in front of mother - Nov 05, 2011
- Blake charged Winehouse 150 pounds a kiss - Sep 06, 2011
- Courtney Love may sue over Kurt Cobain videogame - Sep 10, 2009
- Amy Winehouse fears shell die young - Dec 29, 2008
- Courtney Love wants Ryan Gosling or James McAvoy for Kurt Cobain role - Apr 21, 2010
- Patti Smith Wins National Book Award for Robert Mapplethorpe Story 'Just Kids' - Nov 19, 2010
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: alcohol drugs, amy winehouse, binges, diet, foden, friend alex, janis joplin, jim morrison, jimi hendrix, kurt cobain, music stars, musician, nirvana frontman, north london, obsessive personality, rehab, sweets, to extremes, toilet, uk friends