Windsor wins lifetime achievement awardNovember 16th, 2010 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 15 (IANS) Veteran British actress Barbara Windsor has been presented with an outstanding contribution to showbusiness honour at the Variety Club Showbiz Awards ceremony here.
The former “Carry On star”, who recently quit her longrunning role in hit Brit drama “EastEnders” after 16 years, was handed the trophy Sunday for her hugely successful career, reports contactmusic.com.
The best entertainment award was handed to Simon Cowell’s TV show “The X Factor”.
Rap trio N-Dubz took home the recording artist of the year award during the ceremony at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel, while Russell Watson picked up the classical prize.
- Cheryl Fergison wants Barbara Windsor as her bridesmaid - Feb 11, 2011
- Tulisa talks about her 'secret arrest' in her book - Jun 18, 2012
- Dappy confirms & then denies N-Dubz split - Sep 13, 2011
- Cheryl Fergison asks Babara Windsor to be Her Bridesmaid - Feb 11, 2011
- Rowland wants to work with N-Dubz - Oct 03, 2011
- Jay-Z in run for 'Dad of the Year' award - May 25, 2012
- Simon Pegg remembers fascination for goth - Jun 25, 2012
- Actress Margaret Tyzack passes away - Jun 28, 2011
- Billy Mitchell to carry Olympic flame through Albert Square - Nov 15, 2011
- Fazer working on Rihanna's next album - Jul 16, 2012
- Coldplay, Gaga to perform at charity concert - Sep 15, 2011
- Eastenders triumphs at British Soap Awards - May 10, 2010
- Simon Cowell back on 'Britain's Got Talent' - Dec 09, 2011
- Cowell to receive Emmy for TV talent shows - Mar 27, 2010
- Tulisa debuts her solo single "We are young" - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: awards ceremony, barbara windsor, best entertainment, british actress, career reports, dubz, eastenders, entertainment award, grosvenor house hotel, honour, lifetime achievement award, n dubz, rap, russell watson, s tv, showbiz, simon cowell, trophy, variety club, x factor