William Windom diesAugust 20th, 2012 - 6:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) William Windom who can as well be regarded as the father of the comedies has died. He died at the age of 88 years.
He is the famous Emmy-winning character actor in the TV series which are namely, “Welcome to it and My World”. William played the role of John Monroe in the film that won him the Emmy Award. He was regarded as the best actor in the comedies. The TV series that he participated in, “My world and Welcome to it” based on the American humorist James Thurber, only managed to stay up for a season in the NBC. His involvement with Thurber was regarded as a start of a new relationship.
His death took place on Thursday. The death was as a result of congestive heart failures. This means that he has been suffering form heart disease, which overworked his body and caused the death. According to his wife who is aged 37 years, William died at his home in Wood acre.
It was alleged that he was born in New York City on September 28. His name is regarded as the duplicate of his grand father’s name who was a congressman in Minnesota. His grandfather was also the former US Treasury Secretary. His life will be regarded as a legacy that will always be remembered.
- 'M*A*S*H' star Harry Morgan dies in California - Dec 08, 2011
- Robbie Williams eyes TV comeback - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Mad Men' best drama, 'Modern Family' best comedy at Emmys - Sep 19, 2011
- TV actor Harry Morgan dies - Dec 08, 2011
- Duhamel to join 'All My Children' cast - Jun 08, 2011
- House series ends to a befitting finale - May 22, 2012
- Ryan Murphy wins Emmy for outstanding director for comedy - Aug 30, 2010
- Modern Family and Mad Men sweep the Emmys - Aug 30, 2010
- Betty White Wins Emmy Award For "Saturday Night Live" - Aug 23, 2010
- Steve Carell receives sixth Emmy award nomination - Jul 18, 2011
- David Letterman gets highest honour at US comedy awards - Mar 28, 2011
- "Glee" And "The Pacific" Dominate Emmy Award Nominations - Jul 09, 2010
- Michael Spiller wins Emmy for directing best comedy series - Sep 19, 2011
- `Mad Men', `Modern Family' win top prizes at Emmy Awards (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2010
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: 37 years, acre, american humorist, best actor, character actor, comedies, congestive heart, congressman, emmy award, heart disease, heart failures, james thurber, john monroe, legacy, nbc, new york city, relationship, tv series, us treasury secretary, william windom