William Shatner unhappy over laxly written Captain Kirk death sceneJanuary 22nd, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by admin
Washington, January 22 (ANI): Veteran actor William Shatner is just not happy with the way Star Trek writers planned the scene in which heroic sci-fi character Captain Kirk dies.
He says that even the audiences were not glad to see Kirk falling to his death from a cliff.
Shatner also blames himself for bearing misconceptions that he could make the scene spectacular despite its being laxly written.
“The mistake I made was thinking I could make it a spectacular death with what they had written,” Contactmusic quoted the 76-year-old star as saying.
Shatner has portrayed Kirk on both the big and small screen, on and off, from 1966 up until 1993’s Star Trek: Generations. (ANI)
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- Bronte's science fiction on display at the British Library sci-fi exhibition - Jun 11, 2011
- Star Trek: Shatner's Motorcycle for Sale - Apr 27, 2010
- William Shatner a stock market billionaire? - Mar 30, 2011
- Dunst goes topless! - Sep 28, 2011
- William Shatner not to be a part of 'Star Trek 2' - Jun 21, 2011
- Star Trek's Mr Spock was designed to be a sex symbol - Jul 15, 2009
- William Shatner may do a cameo in next 'Star Trek' instalment - Apr 01, 2009
- Tarsem Singh's 3D epic tops box office in North America - Nov 13, 2011
- Biel was nervous about punching Beckinsale - Jun 28, 2012
- Peter Andre loves 'Star Trek' movies - Dec 28, 2011
- Matt Damon to join sci-fi movie 'Elysium'? - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Lahore' director to start sci-fi film next year - Sep 01, 2012
- William Shatner believes aliens exist - Sep 08, 2010
- 'Super 8' superb film (IANS Movie - Rating: ****) - Oct 14, 2011