William Shatner to turn ‘Raw Nerve’ interviewerMay 25th, 2009 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, May 25 (ANI): After playing the iconic character of captain James T Kirk in the Star Trek series, William Shatner is coming back on TV, but in a new role-a talk show host.
The legendary actor is doing a new TV talk show, called ‘Raw Nerve’, in which he will “attempt to probe his guest’s most sensitive subjects and touch upon a Raw Nerve,” says the show’s publicity blurb.
The show comes after Shatner’s alleged showdown with JJ Abrams, the director of the new Star Trek film.
Apparently, Abrams had snubbed Shatner by casting the original Spock, Leonard Nimoy, in the blockbuster.
However, the 78-year-old actor is nothing but warm with his words about Abrams and the new Star Trek movie.
“No, I haven’t seen the movie yet,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Shatner as saying during a telephonic interview.
He added: “I’m looking forward to it. I hear it is wonderful and it has received some wonderful reviews.”
Shatner is also open to inviting Abrams on ‘Raw Nerve’, but he won’t be using his talk show to attack Abrams and would rather take the friendly route.
When asked if he would invite Abrams to be a guest on the talk show, Shatner said: “I would love to. That, in itself, is a great suggestion. Everybody that we think of has to be okayed by the network and so I am going to take that name right now when we close up the phone and suggest it, because I think he’d (Abrams) jump at it.” (ANI)
- William Shatner not to be a part of 'Star Trek 2' - Jun 21, 2011
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- William Shatner slams reports of feud with new 'Star Trek' cast - Apr 27, 2009
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Star Trek's Leonard Nimoy retires from acting - Jun 20, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy surprises fans with special Star Trek screening - Apr 09, 2009
- Star Trek's Mr Spock was designed to be a sex symbol - Jul 15, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Spock role in next Star Trek movie - Apr 21, 2010
- Patrick Stewart delighted with new Star Trek - Jun 15, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy To Retire Soon - Apr 22, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner refuse to talk about Star Trek - May 12, 2009
- Zachary Quinto's fingers were glued to get 'Star Trek' salute right - May 08, 2009
- Lost creator unveils first Star Trek film footage - Nov 12, 2008
Tags: blockbuster, captain james t kirk, interviewer, james t kirk, jj abrams, legendary actor, leonard nimoy, new star trek movie, new tv, publicity blurb, raw nerve, sensitive subjects, spock leonard, star trek, star trek film, star trek series, sydney morning herald, talk show host, telephonic interview, william shatner