William Shatner slams reports of feud with new ‘Star Trek’ castApril 27th, 2009 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 27 (ANI): Legendary ‘Star Trek’ actor William Shatner has slammed reports of an alleged feud with the cast of the latest movie in the franchise, insisting there’s no bad blood.
The ex Captain Kirk was reportedly upset when director J.J. Abrams didn’t cast him in the new ‘Star Trek’ movie, and instead chose to recast the roles made famous by Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley.
However, Shatner has claimed that reports of any such tension was a joke, and wished his successor as Kirk - actor Chris Pine - the best of luck.
“I wish them all the best. I certainly hope it’s a great success,” Contactmusic quoted the actor as telling U.S. TV show Extra.
He even gave a special message for Pine: “Chris, good luck… and hold your breath. It’s going to be a whirlwind.”
However, Shatner has said that he hasn’t ruled out returning to the franchise one day.
“If the movie is successful and they make another one, never say never as James Bond… I loved ‘Star Trek’ in all its many phases. I dearly would love to be a part of it,” he said. (ANI)
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
- William Shatner not to be a part of 'Star Trek 2' - Jun 21, 2011
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Patrick Stewart delighted with new Star Trek - Jun 15, 2009
- William Shatner to turn 'Raw Nerve' interviewer - May 25, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- Matt Damon turned down Star Trek role - Apr 21, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner refuse to talk about Star Trek - May 12, 2009
- Star Trek director denies Captain Kirk return - May 01, 2009
- Lost creator unveils first Star Trek film footage - Nov 12, 2008
- William Shatner thinks that Star Trek is the best science fiction movie of all time - Nov 17, 2011
- Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Spock role in next Star Trek movie - Apr 21, 2010
- Star Trek boldly goes for a new generation - May 10, 2009
- William Shatner may do a cameo in next 'Star Trek' instalment - Apr 01, 2009
Tags: actor william, bad blood, best of luck, captain kirk, chris pine, deforest kelley, franchise, good luck, j j abrams, james bond, legendary star, leonard nimoy, new star trek movie, s tv, slams, special message, star trek, star trek cast, whirlwind, william shatner