William Shatner may do a cameo in next ‘Star Trek’ instalmentApril 1st, 2009 - 5:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 1 (ANI): Hollywood actor William Shatner might return as Captain Kirk in the planned ‘Star Trek’ sequel.
The 78-year-old star, who missed out on the latest big-screen version of the cult sci-fi show, is being considered for a cameo role in the sequel, scheduled for release in 2011.
“It’s well known Bill was disappointed not to get a cameo, But now Paramount Pictures has been given the go-ahead for a sequel and there are hopes he’ll make a brief appearance,” the Daily Express quoted a source as saying.
Movie’s director JJ Abrams admitted that he wanted to cast Shatner in the latest ‘Star Trek’ instalment, but subsequently decided that the idea “didn’t feel quite right”.
“It’s now felt it would be fitting finally to have Shatner back, Hopefully they can work something out,” said another source. (ANI)
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- William Shatner not to be a part of 'Star Trek 2' - Jun 21, 2011
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Star Trek director denies Captain Kirk return - May 01, 2009
- Paramount announces 12th instalment in 'Star Trek' franchise - Mar 31, 2009
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- William Shatner slams reports of feud with new 'Star Trek' cast - Apr 27, 2009
- William Shatner to turn 'Raw Nerve' interviewer - May 25, 2009
- The Return Of Simon In M:I 4 - Jul 20, 2010
- 'Super 8' superb film (IANS Movie - Rating: ****) - Oct 14, 2011
- Star Trek's Mr Spock was designed to be a sex symbol - Jul 15, 2009
- 'Avatar' star Zoe Saldana calls herself sci-fi geek - Dec 23, 2009
- Zachary Quinto dismisses rumours of quitting Star Trek - Jan 30, 2010
- Patrick Stewart delighted with new Star Trek - Jun 15, 2009
Tags: actor william, appearance, cameo role, captain kirk, cult, daily express, director jj, hollywood, hollywood actor, instalment, jj abrams, london, old star, paramount pictures, sci fi, star trek, star trek sequel, william shatner