Will Young struggling to sing after throat operationMay 16th, 2009 - 2:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 16 (ANI): English singer Will Young is said to be struggling to sing after undergoing an operation to have his tonsils removed.
Young, 30, who had been suffering from recurring bouts of tonsillitis, told his friends that he was having trouble with his vocal cords after the operation, and that he had to go back to basics and relearn how to sing.
“Will was worried about the effects of the operation before he had it because it’s a big deal for someone who makes a living out of their voice,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.
“He’s concerned his singing might not be the same again. He has had a croak and his range has been affected. But he’s got a top vocal coach helping him out and he is improving every day.
“Everyone is confident he will sound as great as ever by the time the Isle Of Wight festival comes around,” the source stated.
The Pop Idol winner, who has been struggling with the high notes, is due to perform at the Isle of Wight festival in less than a month.
A spokesman for Young has revealed that everyone around the singer is confident that his operation will not have any effect on any of his summer live engagements.
He insisted that every time the singer heads out on the road, he has singing lessons to make sure his voice is in tip-top condition. (ANI)
- Justin Bieber taking singing tips from Usher - Jul 24, 2010
- Fan makes fun of Keating - Jun 27, 2012
- Brit pub singer arrested for singing racist 'Kung Fu Fighting' song to Chinese - Apr 27, 2011
- Moss, Hince to renew wedding vows - Apr 23, 2012
- Amitabh smitten by kids' singing talent - Jun 18, 2011
- Robotic surgery 'effectively' removes hard-to-reach throat cancer - Apr 30, 2011
- Carl Douglas slams 'Kung Fu Fighting' singer's arrest - Apr 28, 2011
- Elephants can sing, says study - Aug 03, 2012
- Mayer cancels concerts dut to throat problem - Sep 18, 2011
- Couple plunges 350 ft by driving over suicide cliff - Aug 19, 2011
- Tonsils, appendix removal linked to premature heart risk - Jun 01, 2011
- Macca supports 'green' Isle of Wight Festival - Jun 07, 2010
- Married UK woman weds second man then runs off with third after honeymoon - Apr 04, 2011
- Adele undergoes vocal chord surgery - Nov 10, 2011
- Robotic surgery removes hard-to-reach throat cancer - May 02, 2011