Will Sunny Deol final enjoy a HIT?June 11th, 2009 - 4:18 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
It has been two years since Sunny Deol was last seen on the big screen in a worthwhile role. The film was ‘Apne’ (2007) which was a box office success. Since then he has been seen in supporting roles in ‘Kaafila’ (2007) and ‘Heroes’ (2008) but hasn’t been able to regain his lost glory. Now he would be making a comeback with ‘Fox’, the shooting of which finally wrapped up a fortnight back and is now aiming for release before year end.
Director Deepak Tijori is ecstatic that his multi starrer finally gets into the post production.
“My magnum opus is finally ready”, says Tijori in light humour while obviously hinting at the slight delay that this multi crore film has seen during last few months, “Just one week’s worth of work was left otherwise the film would have been ready around six months back.”
With the principal shooting for ‘Fox’ coming to an end, what happens next?
“The film of this stature requires an intense and extended post production”, Tijori says, “It should take anywhere near three months. We should in all likelihood bring our film in the last quarter of 2009.”
Well, Sunny fans would certainly be wishing that this indeed happens as they have been starved of a film starring him in a major role for quite a while now. Prior to ‘Apne’ (which also starred Dharmendra and Bobby Deol), his last major money spinner was ‘The Hero’ (2003). Ever since then he has acted in quite a few films in a solo lead but none of them has been able to make an impact.
Whether it is ‘Fool N Final’, ‘Big Brother’, ‘Naksha’, ‘Teesri Aankh - The Hidden Camera’, ‘Jo Bole So Nihaal’, ‘Lakeer’, ‘Khel’ or ‘Jaal - The Trap’, all of which released between ‘Apne’ and ‘The Hero’, each of them has been a disappointment for both Sunny Deol and his fans. Now one waits, watches and hopes that with Deepak Tijori directed ‘The Fox’, Sunny Deol finally makes a worthy comeback at the box office and wins his fans all over again.
“Fox’ is a modern sleek thriller shot in the exotic locales of Goa and Mumbai. It is a story about a cat and mouse chase between a young successful criminal lawyer (Arjun Rampal) and a mysterious stranger who is controlling and threatening his life. Now the lawyer must seek the help of a reluctant cop (Sunny Deol) in solving the mystery.
- Sunny Deol makes comeback with Deepak Tijori's 'Fox' - Jun 01, 2009
- Deepak Tijori to direct two films this year - Jun 26, 2012
- Sunny's 'Singh Sahab the Great' set to go on the floors - Jun 20, 2012
- Bobby Deol: A Roller Coaster Journey May End Up With 'Thank You' In 2011 - Jan 27, 2011
- If 'Yamla...' does well, will bring its sequel: Sunny Deol - Jan 09, 2011
- Sunday Times allegations are false: Nupur - Mar 12, 2012
- There will be no one like my father, says Bobby Deol - Dec 23, 2010
- Preview Of 'Yamla Pagla Deewana': Deols Will Rock This Time! - Jan 13, 2011
- Will make sequel to 'Yamla Pagla Deewana': Sunny Deol - Jan 17, 2011
- Sunny Deol Plans A Sequel Of 'Yamla Pagla Deewana'! - Jan 10, 2011
- Dharmendra To Recreate 'Sholay' Magic In Yamla Pagla Deewana - Nov 10, 2010
- I'm very scared of dad Dharmendra: Sunny Deol (Interview) - Dec 20, 2010
- "I felt like a 'zombie' while shooting for 'Fox'" - Udita Goswami - Jun 03, 2009
- Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol: The Real Macho Men Of B Town - Jan 22, 2011
- Dharmendra: A ‘He Man’ Cannot Afford To Be Old! - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: apne, big brother, bobby deol, box office success, crore, deepak tijori, dharmendra, disappointment, fortnight, hidden camera, joginder, kaafila, khel, last quarter, likelihood, magnum opus, stature, sunny deol, sunny fans, year end