Will Smith, voted the most bankable star by ForbesFebruary 13th, 2009 - 11:02 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Will Smith was voted the most bankable star in Hollywood in a survey by Forbes.com.
The financial magazine’s website gives the actor a score of 10 out of 10 for his bankability in its first ’star currency’ list, compiled by surveying more than 150 industry professionals. After Will Smith in the list, follows Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio, who all tied for second with a score of 9.89. Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Denzel Washington, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson rounded out the top 10.
Smith’s superior box-office clout has been long established. He’s known for ‘owning’ the July Fourth weekend box office with films such as ‘Independence Day’ and ‘Men in Black,’ and although he had few flops.
Recently, the 40-year-old actor topped the poll by Quigley Publishing Co, which has surveyed movie exhibitors since 1932 on which stars generate the most box-office revenue. The Forbes list was announced on Tuesday.
Smith’s latest film, ‘Seven Pounds,’ received bad reviews. Despite of that,he still earned US$70 million at the domestic box office. His summer superhero blockbuster ‘Hancock’ grossed US$228 million.
- Dicaprio Hollywood's highest paid actor: Forbes - Aug 02, 2011
- Will Smith tops Hollywood Forbes Star Currency list - Feb 11, 2009
- James Earl Jones tops Forbes' most trusted celebs list - Jan 26, 2010
- Sandra Bullock 2009's biggest money-maker in Hollywood - Jan 03, 2010
- Aishwarya Rai most bankable Indian star in Hollywood - Feb 19, 2009
- Tom Cruise highest earning actor - Jul 04, 2012
- Johnny Depp is highest paid actor in 2010 - Sep 10, 2010
- Here are the top 10 richest people in Hollywood - Feb 03, 2011
- Will Smith voted Top Money-Making Movie Star of 2008 - Jan 04, 2009
- Leonardo DiCaprio: What Is His Biggest Achievement In 2010? - Dec 22, 2010
- Toy Story 3: Toys Knock Others Down In The Highest Grosser 2010 Race - Dec 30, 2010
- Matt Damon says taking up first 'Bourne' film was a smart move - Mar 08, 2010
- 'The Green Hornet' tops weekend box-office - Jan 17, 2011
- Johnny Depp named Highest Paid Actor in Hollywood - Sep 10, 2010
- Drew Barrymore most overpaid actor - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: angelina jolie, bankability, bankable star, blockbuster, clout, denzel washington, film seven, first star, forbes list, george clooney, industry professionals, jack nicholson, johnny depp, leonardo dicaprio, matt damon, men in black, quigley publishing co, tom hanks, weekend box office, will smith