Will Smith says he can be the best ‘black Bond’ choiceMay 7th, 2009 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 7 (ANI): Will Smith has joined the likes of stars vying to become the first black James Bond, and has claimed that he’s the best choice for the iconic spy-role.
Rap mogul Diddy and Jamie Foxx have already forwarded their names as a possible replacement for the current 007, Daniel Craig.
And recently, ‘Obsessed’ star Idris Elba had claimed that he would be a better choice because he was British.
In fact, Diddy went to the extent of shooting a 007-themed TV ad for his fragrance line, just to show producers how he’d look as a black Bond.
However, the ‘I am Legend’ star, considered to be the most bankable star in showbiz, has said that he can be the best choice for producers.
“Puff probably lives the most like James Bond and Jamie Foxx got the swagger for James Bond. He can sing too, so he can add a new element to Bond, wooing the ladies,” Contactmusic quoted Smith as saying.
He added: “But I think I can guarantee the box office!” (ANI)
- Will Smith to portray real-life Hurricane Katrina hero in new film - May 21, 2009
- I'm the best black James Bond: Will Smith - May 07, 2009
- Black 007: Will's here - May 08, 2009
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- Desperate Diddys audition tape in quest of first black James Bond - Nov 30, 2008
- Foxx to replace Smith in 'Django Unchained'? - Jun 25, 2011
- Diddy wants to be adopted by Obama! - Dec 18, 2009
- Idris Elba may team up with Guillermo del Toro - Jun 07, 2011
- Oprah gets special farewell from Tom Cruise, Beyonce - May 18, 2011
- Will Smith returns to rap - Aug 18, 2011
- Jamie Foxx desperate to play first black Bond - Nov 22, 2008
- Bradley Cooper named Sexiest Man Alive - Nov 17, 2011
- James Bond gets a dedicated channel - Aug 08, 2012
- I just want Obama to do better, says Diddy - Feb 01, 2011
- Jamie Foxx To Star In Sketch Comedy Series On Fox - Sep 02, 2010
Tags: bankable star, best choice, box office, daniel craig, diddy, extent, fragrance, idris elba, james bond, jamie foxx, new element, producers, puff, rap mogul, showbiz, spy, swagger, tv ad, will smith