Will Smith says divorce from first wife was “most painful loss”November 6th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 6 (ANI): American actor Will Smith has revealed that the “most painful loss” he ever endured in his life was his divorce from first wife.
Smith, 41, had married girlfriend Sheree Zampino in 1992, and they both became proud parents of son, Trey, before they decided to end their relationship in 1995.
The actor now insists that he has learned the ups and downs of married life since tying the knot with actress Jada Pinkett Smith, and admits that he could have saved his first marriage had he tried harder.
“That (first marriage) is probably the most painful loss of my life. I quit. I could have fixed it. It really was not that bad,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
“With Jada, I stood up in front of God and my family and friends and said, ‘Till death do us part.’ So there are two possible outcomes: we are going to be together till death or I am dead.
“Jada and I have problems; everybody has problems. People ask, ‘What happens if you made a mistake?’ Well, you should be a little more careful before you stand up in front of God and your family and friends and say, ‘Till death do us part’,” he added. (ANI)
- Have Will Smith & Jada Pinkett split? - Aug 23, 2011
- Bieber praises 'father figure' Will Smith - Feb 10, 2011
- Marriage with JLo wasn't sustainable: Marc Anthony - Sep 02, 2011
- How Will Smith's wife makes their sex life interesting - May 19, 2010
- Jada Pinkett Smith At "The Oprah Winfrey Show" - May 18, 2010
- Willow Smith a born rebel: Jada Smith - Apr 09, 2011
- Will Smith, Jada Pinkett are Michelle Obama's dream guests - Feb 27, 2009
- My kids are fame-savvy: Will Smith - May 25, 2012
- Will Smith, Jada caught kissing - Mar 19, 2012
- Jada Pinkett Smith's kids banned from "talking crooked" to people - Sep 03, 2009
- Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith celebrate their anniversary with a high-five - Jun 11, 2012
- Will Smith doesn't like outdoor trips - Mar 17, 2011
- Anthony denies seeing Will Smith's wife - Sep 03, 2011
- Jay-Z & Will Smith Team Up Again for Film Deal - Jan 28, 2011
- Jada Pinkett-Smith laughs off 'sham marriage' rumours - Mar 27, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,