Will Smith has studied Scientology through Tom CruiseNovember 21st, 2007 - 5:33 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Nov21 (ANI): Will Smith has finally admitted that he has studied Scientology through pal Tom Cruise.
The revelation comes even as rumours have been swirling that Smith and his wife Jade Pinkett-Smith will soon be becoming members of the controversial church.
However, Smith insists that Scientology is not the only religion he has made a through study of, for hes also looked into Buddhism and Hinduism.
“I’ve studied Buddhism and Hinduism, and I’ve studied Scientology through Tom [Cruise],” Usmagazine.com quoted him, as telling Men’s Vogue.
The 39 year old actor who was raised Baptist, says ninety-eight percent of the principles in Scientology are identical to the principles of the Bible.
“Ninety-eight percent of the principles [in Scientology] are identical to the principles of the Bible . . . . I don’t think that because the word someone uses for spirit is ‘thetan’ that the definition becomes any different.” Smith added.
A source revealed that Jada is also really in to Cruises religion.
“She’s more gung-ho about Scientology than Will,” the source said.
Scientology is the body of religious beliefs and related practices, which covers topics such as morals, ethics, detoxification, education and management. (ANI)
- Anthony, Smith are still friends - Sep 18, 2011
- Cowell teams up with Pinkett-Smith for TV show - Jan 27, 2012
- Cowell to launch cookery show - Jan 29, 2012
- Have Will Smith & Jada Pinkett split? - Aug 23, 2011
- Is Tom Cruise going to tie the knot with Yolanda Pecoraro? - Jul 19, 2012
- Willow Smith listed as her dad Will's employee - Jan 01, 2011
- 'Madagascar 3' tops US box office - Jun 11, 2012
- Jada Pinkett Smith tweets her bikini photo - Jul 30, 2012
- Will Smith's daughter in 'Madagascar 3'? - May 14, 2012
- Will Smith, Jada caught kissing - Mar 19, 2012
- Anthony denies seeing Will Smith's wife - Sep 03, 2011
- Tom Cruise denies claims that Scientology interviewed women for him - Sep 04, 2012
- Smith, Jada still together - Aug 24, 2011
- Suri Cruise named most stylish child - Jul 24, 2012
- Jada Pinkett Smith Does Not Believe In Imposing Rules On Her Children - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: bible, buddhism, controversial church, detoxification, gung ho, hinduism, jada, jade pinkett smith, morals, ninety eight, principles, religion, religious beliefs, rumours, scientology, thetan, tom cruise, usmagazine, will smith