Will Salman strike gold again with ‘Bodyguard’? (IANS Preview)August 29th, 2011 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) After playing a fearless cop in “Dabangg” and a romantic in “Ready”, superstar Salman Khan is back this Eid with more action and drama in director Siddique’s “Bodyguard”, which also stars Kareena Kapoor in the lead.
“Bodyguard” is the Hindi remake of the Malayalam film of the same name. It is being co-produced by Atul Agnihotri and Reliance Entertainment. The makers have set up a marketing and print budget of around Rs.22 crore.
The story revolves around bodyguard Lovely Singh (Salman), who is extremely dedicated to his work and is proud of what he does. Lovely Singh is given the job of guarding Divya (Kareena), daughter of Sartaj Rana (Raj Babbar), a business tycoon.
Divya gets irritated with Lovely’s over-protective nature and finds him a major obstacle in her day-to-day life. To get rid off her bodyguard, Divya plans to trap him in a fake love affair as she feels he will leave her once smitten.
She becomes an anonymous admirer of Lovely and starts pursuing him, expressing her love for him. She realises he isn’t the kind to get easily influenced but manages to succeed in her plan — Lovely falls in love and turns into a completely different person.
The story takes an unexpected turn when Divya learns a few things about Lovely, things she could never have imagined. Divya finds herself trapped in a dilemma she finds difficult to resolve.
Lovely realises he is caught in a web of lies, trickery and deceit. The film is the story of conflict between innocence, mischief, love, power and life.
Salman, who knows how to make people feel special, asked his bodyguard of 15 years, Shera, to launch the promo of the film.
The actor even chose to wear the same uniform that the employees of Shera’s security agency wear. Salman is seen shaking a leg with Katrina Kaif in an item song “Aaya re aaya bodyguard”, in which Shera also makes an appearance.
Unlike most films where male actors with a baritone lend their voice for some special scenes, Kareena has given the voiceover for a crucial emotional scene in “Bodyguard”.
Eid has been a lucky day for Salman. “Wanted” released in 2009 and “Dabangg” in 2010, both swept the box-office with record breaking collections. Although his last film “Ready” with Asin was not an Eid release, it still worked well at the box-office.
Salman and Kareena have been extensively promoting the film. Whether the actor will be able to strike gold again is yet to be seen.
- 'Bodyguard' - delivers the goods (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 01, 2011
- Salman, Katrina team up for 'Bodyguard' item song - Jul 26, 2011
- Salman sports his personal bodyguard's uniform in 'Bodyguard' (With Image) - Apr 05, 2011
- Advance booking for 'Bodyguard' points to grand opening - Aug 30, 2011
- Salman Khan Plans His Third Consecutive Eid Release Next Year - Sep 15, 2010
- Kareena to honour real-life bodyguards - Aug 18, 2011
- Salman Khan: star on ascendant, never mind the film - Sep 03, 2011
- Salman refuses to believe 'Bodyguard' is a success: Atul Agnihotri (Interview) - Sep 02, 2011
- Salman's aide launches promo of 'Bodyguard' - Jul 21, 2011
- Nasser Husain's 'donkey' remark upsets Big B (Movie snippets) - Sep 04, 2011
- Not Katrina or Karisma, it's Kareena's voiceover in 'Bodyguard'! - Aug 04, 2011
- Salman blows whistles for Katrina! - Aug 12, 2011
- Good versus evil back with a bang on silver screen - Sep 08, 2011
- 'Bodyguard' no threat to 'Mummy Punjabi...': Director - Aug 26, 2011
- Record opening day collection for 'Bodyguard' - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: action and drama, admirer, atul agnihotri, baritone, bodyguard, business tycoon, deceit, film of the same name, kareena kapoor, katrina kaif, love affair, malayalam film, male actors, protective nature, raj babbar, salman khan, security agency, siddique, trickery, unexpected turn