Will Rohit Shetty strike gold with ‘Golmaal 3′?November 1st, 2010 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 1 (IANS) After the success of “Golmaal” and “Golmaal Returns”, director Rohit Shetty is back with yet another mindless comedy “Golmaal 3″, which releases Friday.
The director has not only repeated the same cast that consists of Ajay Devgn, Kareena Kapoor, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor and Shreyas Talpade, he has also retained the main elements of the previous instalments.
After “Golmaal”, “Golmaal Returns” and “All The Best: Fun Begins”, “Golmaal 3″ is Shetty’s fourth Diwali release and all his previous films raked in moolah at the box office. So will he be lucky this time too?
Ajay says the film is crazier than its predecessors.
“We’ve kept the family audience in mind. So it’s a clean comedy that the entire family can sit together and watch, without anyone cringing in their seats,” he said.
But “Golmaal 3″ clashes with Vipul Shah’s romantic comedy “Action Replayy”, which stars Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai. But Shetty and Ajay are unfazed by the competition.
“It has happened earlier too that ‘Golmaal Returns’ and ‘Fashion’ both released together and both worked well,” said Shetty.
Ajay said: “We would want both the films to do well. Of course we want our film to do little better, who wouldn’t? It is good for the industry that we have big releases coming together.”
The film, reportedly made at a budget of Rs.40 crore, promises to deliver rib-tickling moments, ageless romance and heart warming scenes.
Produced by Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision and distributed by Eros International, it is the story of hatred between two bunch of siblings within a family. Interestingly, this family eats together, prays together, lives together but “can’t stand each other”.
Shot in exotic locations of Goa as well as Mumbai, the film also stars Kunal Khemu, Mithun Chakraborty, Ratna Pathak Shah, Johnny Lever, Sanjay Mishra, Vrajesh Hirjee, Ashwini Kalsekar and others.
Ajay (Gopal) and Shreyas (Laxman) are siblings as are Tusshar (Lucky), Kunal (Laxman) and Arshad (Madhav). Shreyas doesn’t get along with his brother and the whole comedy revolves around their animosity.
Rohit has a penchant for mixing comedy with action and stunts - he did it successfully in hits like “Golmaal”, “Golmaal Returns” and “All The Best”. In his latest offering too he seems to have retained that element.
The characters in the film have some strange traits - while Tusshar continues to play a dumb man, Shreyas will be seen stammering, Ajay as a short tempered guy and Kareena as a violent, foul-mouthed brat who abuses people at the drop of a hat.
Kunal and Johnny are also set to take the audiences on a laughter ride with their respective characters. While Kunal plays a garrulous character, Johnny is someone who forgets everything.
Just like his lead actor, the director also claims that the sequel will be more fun to watch.
“On the demand of the audience we have made ‘Golmaal 3′. It’s not a slapstick comedy, you can enjoy the film with your family. This time the script of the film is bigger, better and includes a lot of fun elements,” said Shetty.
- Golmaal 3 Movie Review: Hilarious, Crazy, Once Again A Hit Formula! - Nov 06, 2010
- Rohit Shetty plans an action film after "Golmaal 3" - Oct 31, 2010
- “Golmaal 3” Preview: The Crazy Gang Is Back! - Oct 28, 2010
- Golmaal 3 Movie Preview : The Crazy Gang Back Again - Nov 04, 2010
- Ajay balances on vintage cars for 'Golmaal 3' (With Image) - Oct 02, 2010
- Golmaal 3 This Diwali - Apr 15, 2010
- 'Golmaal 3' completes a rib-tickling trilogy (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating ***) - Nov 05, 2010
- I still have lots to explore: Ajay Devgn - Oct 27, 2010
- 'Golmaal 3' grosses Rs.117 crore worldwide in initial week - Nov 14, 2010
- Johnny Lever does Golmaal - Jan 30, 2010
- I'm always under pressure to promote films: Ajay Devgn (Interview) - Nov 01, 2010
- Aishwarya Or Kareena - Who Will Be Audience's Favorite This Diwali? - Nov 01, 2010
- Golmaal 3: Will Rohit Shetty Get Lucky This Time? - Nov 03, 2010
- Rohit open to 'Bol Bachchan' sequel - Jul 09, 2012
- 'Golmaal 3' Music Exclusively On 94.3 My FM - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: aishwarya rai, akshay kumar, arshad warsi, ashtavinayak, ashwini kalsekar, audience in mind, diwali release, eros international, family audience, johnny lever, kunal khemu, lucky this time, mithun chakraborty, previous films, romantic comedy, sanjay mishra, Shreyas Talpade, strike gold, tusshar kapoor, vipul shah