Wil Wheaton Returns To ‘Big Bang Theory’ With ‘21-Second Excitement’November 12th, 2010 - 7:55 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was a big night for the fans of Wil Wheaton as he reprized his role on the hit series ‘Big Bang Theory’ for the third time. The actor made a comeback as the ‘Evil Wil Wheaton’ which is a caricature of himself and a perfect antagonistic character to the lead Sheldon. The episode called ‘21-Second Excitation’ shows the main characters going for a showing of ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ which has an added 21 seconds of never seen before footage. The group come face to face with Wil Wheaton and the comedy follows.
Wil Wheaton told the media that playing the evil caricature of himself on the ‘Big Bang Theory’ has been a great opportunity for him in terms of his career. He said that he felt very fortunate for getting to be a full time actor. He added that it felt like he had scattered family throughout the entertainment industry and he could visit them from time to time.
Wil Wheaton was also asked by the media whether he would like to see the other cast members from the ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ joining in the cast of ‘Big Bang Theory’. He joked that they are welcome till they satisfy him with gifts such as single malt scotch, a functioning death ray device and an edition of Detective Comics.
The fans of ‘Big Bang Theory’ have already got into a debate about the reprising of the role by Wil Wheaton. Many feel that he is a welcome addition to the cast as he stands tall against Sheldon. The contest between the two since the season 3 episode (where he debuted) has been one of the high points of the series.
- Kunal Nayyar loves being role model - Aug 15, 2012
- Judy Greer Gets Ready For Upcoming TV And Film Roles - May 11, 2010
- 'CSI' Gets Back Badass Justin Beiber - Jan 13, 2011
- Aussie Scientists Challenge 'Big Bang' Theory - Aug 21, 2012
- Actor Jim Parsons Wins Emmy Award For Best Comedy Actor - Aug 30, 2010
- Conan O'Brien New Late Night Show Opened With A Grand Inaugural Episode - Nov 10, 2010
- Indian trio in Scotland invent device to identify fake whisky - Nov 03, 2011
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' - a romp into raw, rugged heartland (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Jun 22, 2012
- Chrissy Teigen slams Chris Brown for lip-syncing - May 23, 2012
- Hollywood trivializes menstruation? - Jul 13, 2012
- Modern Family and Mad Men sweep the Emmys - Aug 30, 2010
- Kaley Cuoco of 'Big Bang' Falls Off Horse, Written out of Episode - Sep 14, 2010
- People love to hate me - Ashita Dhawan - Apr 06, 2010
- Matt LeBlanc Plays Himself In "Episodes" - Jan 10, 2011
- Sheldon Yellen Appears On "Undercover Boss" - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: big bang theory, caricature, cast members, death ray, detective comics, entertainment industry, excitation, excitement, kar, meena, raiders of the lost ark, season 3, single malt scotch, star trek, star trek the next generation, third time, time actor, trek the next generation, welcome addition, wil wheaton