Widow of ‘Bernie Mac’ Sues Doctor for Wrongful DeathAugust 9th, 2010 - 11:26 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The widow of the late comedian known to the world as ‘Bernie Mac’ has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the long time doctor her husband for failure to recognize the symptoms which were prevalent in Mac and led to his death by heart failure in 2008.
The star of ‘Oceans Eleven’ and ‘The Bernie Mac Show’ passed away after a very long spell of pneumonia. His grieving wife, Rhonda McCullough filed the suit against the dermatologist, Rene M. Earles last week, claiming that the ignored or just missed signs of respiratory failure when Mac came to the office in Chicago Illinois on the 17th of July in 2008.
Her claim states that Mac should have been sent immediately to the hospital and examined further instead of being treated at the clinic. She believes that would have saved her husband’s life. The paperwork was filed in the Cook County Circuit Court of Chicago. She claims that Earles failed to notice and act on the abnormal vital signs which should have alerted the doctor that there was trouble.
But Earles responded in his own defense saying that he did advise Mac to go straight to the hospital when he showed up with a fever and rash and looking weak. He went on to say that another doctor there had diagnosed Mac with pneumonia, and that the fifty year old actor was taken to the emergency room by chauffeur and was treated by doctors there.
Earles added, “He didn’t die the next day, he didn’t die in two days. He died in two weeks and he got over his original strain of pneumonia. He got another strain of pneumonia while he was in the hospital.”
- Widow Of Bernie Mac Sues His Long Time Doctor - Aug 09, 2010
- Bernie Mac's Widow Sues Doctor For Husband's Death - Aug 09, 2010
- Doctor Sued By Mac's Widow - Aug 07, 2010
- Bernie Mac's widow sues his physician - Aug 09, 2010
- US actor Bernie Mac's wife pleaded him not to die - Aug 11, 2008
- Late comedian Bernie Mac signalled he was too tired to survive - Aug 12, 2008
- Comedian Bernie Mac died at 50 - Aug 09, 2008
- George Clooney, Brad Pitt mourn Bernie Macs sudden demise - Aug 10, 2008
- Taxes call is a life-saver for Kentucky man - Jun 21, 2010
- Colleen McCullough's fear as she prepares to undergo brain surgery - Nov 29, 2009
- Sathya Sai Baba showing slow response to treatment - Apr 13, 2011
- Bernie Mac dies at 50 - Aug 09, 2008
- Former Chief Financial Officer of LJA Engineering-Houston embezzled more than $3 million - Mar 09, 2010
- Steven Soderbergh rules out Ocean's Eleven sequel - Sep 13, 2009
- Dangerous new superbug targets young and healthy - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: bernie mac, chauffeur, chicago illinois, claim states, comedian, cook county circuit, cook county circuit court, dermatologist, emergency room, fever, heart failure, mccullough, oceans, paperwork, pneumonia, rash, signs of respiratory failure, vital signs, wife rhonda, wrongful death lawsuit