Why Ronnie Wood ended his marriage to JoSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 22 (ANI): Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has claimed that he ended his marriage to wife Jo because he was fed up with being under her thumb.
The guitarist’s 23-year marriage to the former model collapsed after he had an affair with Russian cocktail waitress Ekaterina Ivanova and went on a drinking bender that lasted 18 months.
However, now Wood, 63, has claimed he walked out on heartbroken Jo in July 2008 because he was ‘bored’ with his family making decisions for him.
“I was getting under the cosh too much,” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
“I was bored with not being able to make decisions for myself. Other people were making decisions for me - including my kids.
“I thought: ‘Hang on. I’m not being in charge of my life.’ And that’s what I had to be,” he said.
At one point Jo’s son Jamie - Wood’s stepson - was managing the guitarist.
Miss Wood would also famously join him for the duration of every Rolling Stones tour in a bid to keep him on the straight and narrow - even preparing him meals on a two-ring stove in hotel rooms.
The star is now dating Brazilian artist Ana Araujo. (ANI)
- Ronnie Wood splits from Brazilian girlfriend - Feb 13, 2011
- Ronnie Wood apologises to ex-wife - Mar 17, 2011
- Ronnie Wood gets thumbs up from girlfriend's dad - Jun 16, 2010
- Jo turns to ex-hubby Ronnie Wood to find new love - Mar 03, 2010
- Rolling Stone's Ronnie Wood ditches Ana, dating ex-lover Kat - May 04, 2011
- Ronnie Wood's new album is all about girls - Sep 27, 2010
- Ronnie Woods dating Brazilian polo player - Feb 24, 2010
- Ronnie Wood 'to help ex girlfriend build music career' - Feb 17, 2010
- Ronnie Wood reunited with former girlfriend? - May 05, 2011
- Ronnie Wood's ex escaped pressures of divorce with Himalayas trip - Sep 30, 2010
- Jo Wood puts her manhunt on hold - Oct 08, 2010
- Ronnie's latest album about failed romance - May 01, 2011
- Ronnie Wood to tie the knot this summer? - Mar 09, 2010
- Jo Wood got over ex-hubby in just two months - Dec 09, 2009
- Ronnie Wood, 62, needs mothering, says Katia - Jan 06, 2010
Tags: ana araujo, bender, brazilian artist, cocktail waitress, cosh, daily mail, duration, former model, hotel rooms, ivanova, jamie wood, london, making decisions, marriage, rolling stones guitarist, rolling stones tour, ronnie wood, son jamie, stepson, thumb