Why Jessica Alba shies away from Latin rolesSeptember 2nd, 2010 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sep 2(ANI): Jessica Alba has revealed why she refuses to play ethnic Latino characters.
However, in her latest film Machete, the half-Mexican actress has played a Latino character for the first time.
Alba is in Venice to promote the gritty movie, and said that her character is of an intelligent, fierce and independent woman, which made the role more appealing.
“For me, I never wanted to reinforce any stereotypes about Latin women, and that’s why I have shied away from Latin characters I’ve been offered. Most of them reinforced the stigmas,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Jessica Alba as saying.
“The women whom I grew up with are intelligent, strong women, and unless I read a woman being portrayed that way in a film, I didn’t want to play it,” she added.
- 'Machete' reminds me of Obama's election, says Michelle Rodriguez - Sep 03, 2010
- Gaga makes acting debut with 'Machete Kills' - Jul 28, 2012
- Jessica Alba excited about her first Latina role - Jun 24, 2010
- Alba bags role in next 'Spy Kids' - Aug 03, 2011
- Sheen in 'Machete Kills' - Jun 23, 2012
- Mexican comedian gets role in Hollywood sitcom - Dec 21, 2011
- Jessica Alba flashes her bra in a see-through top! - Sep 04, 2010
- Hollywood stars Hayek, Banderas shatter stereotypes - Oct 28, 2011
- Jessica Alba goes nude for latest flick - Sep 24, 2010
- Antonio Banderas, Jessica Alba win best actor awards - Sep 13, 2011
- Alba, Rodriguez appreciate LiLo at Machete screening - Aug 27, 2010
- Review Of 'Machete' Predominantly States That It Will Be Liked By the Lovers Of Goriness In Films - Sep 03, 2010
- Jessica Alba Says Her Family Is 'Out-Of-Control' - Nov 26, 2010
- How Jessica Alba went nude without actually taking stripping off - Sep 29, 2010
- Jessica Alba Shakes A Leg For Jimmy Fallon - Dec 14, 2010