Why can’t Imtiaz make a children’s movie?July 19th, 2012 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 19 (IANS) “I am not so clean internally that I could attempt a children’s film,” says writer-director Imtiaz Ali.
“I can’t dare to do it right now because to make a children’s film your heart needs to be pure and soft and I am not so clean internally that I could attempt a children’s film,” the 41-year-old said here at the premier of “Gattu”.
Directed by Rajan Khosa, “Gattu” is the Children’s Film Society of India’s first movie to be released theatrically. It hits the theatres Friday.
Meanwhile, filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj, who made the children’s film “Makdee”, believes that lack of theatrical releases has kept kids away from entertainment created for them.
“All the credit for it’s (’Gattu’) release goes to (CFSI chairman) Nandita Das and Rajshri, who are distributing the film. I think it’s a beautiful film. Normally, entertainment created for kids does not reach them because it’s not released in theatres. I am very happy this is being released and I am sure kids are going to love it,” said Bhardwaj at the premiere.
“Gattu” was honoured with a special mention at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in February.
- Rebirth of children's film society - Nov 19, 2011
- 'Gattu' first CFSI film to be released commercially: Nandita - Jul 06, 2012
- 'Gattu' gets two awards at Los Angeles film fest - Apr 17, 2012
- Double win for 'Gattu' at NY film fest - May 29, 2012
- India's biggest ever children's film festival gets underway - Nov 15, 2011
- New children's films are fun for adults as well - Jul 25, 2011
- Indian film industry ignores children: Nandita Das (Interview) - Jul 09, 2012
- Working in 55-year-old government structure not easy: Nandita - Jan 10, 2012
- 'Gattu' delicately-threaded morality tale (IANS Movie Review) - Jul 19, 2012
- India's largest kids film fest closes with a bang - Nov 20, 2011
- Now, 'Gattu' going to Germany - Jun 25, 2012
- 'Gattu' to open Goa's Children's Film Festival - May 05, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- Indian film 'Gattu' wins special mention at 62nd Berlinale - Feb 19, 2012
- Family fare pushing out children's films: Nandita Das - Oct 20, 2011