Why Anna Wintour is ‘the ultimate gatekeeper’ of celebsNovember 8th, 2010 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov 8 (ANI): Vogue editor Anna Wintour is ‘the ultimate gatekeeper’ of celebrity, says Elizabeth Currid-Halkett of USC in her new book ‘Starstruck’.
The author said an analysis of Wintour’s social network reveals she’s “more connected than anyone to these major, major stars.”
She’s famous in her own right, and other famous people are “intimidated” by her as well, she explained. According to Currid-Halkett, Paris Hilton and Taylor Swift are two media-savy A-listers.
Combined with Anna Wintour’s connections, the three are poised for greatness, the author wrote.
“Taylor Swift is someone we need to watch,” the New York Daily quoted Currid-Halkett as saying.
The ‘Speak Now’ songstress is ’such an A-lister in the conventional sense’ - with beauty, talent, and commercial success.
Throw in her high-profile relationship drama and tabloid-teasing lyrics, and Currid-Halkett explains, the singer/songwriter “is doing all those things that make us become obsessed with a star.”
But though Swift may be the ascendant good girl, Currid-Halkett says she can’t help harboring affection for a bad girl of a bygone era: Paris Hilton.
“She behaves like no one else - I actually have a great respect for her. In celebrity culture, she’s definitely like Einstein,” she said. (ANI)
- Jake Gyllenhaal, Taylor Swift take their romance to L.A - Dec 12, 2010
- Happily single Taylor Swift spotted out and about in Paris - Mar 20, 2011
- Paris Hilton donates $5,000 to struggling fan - Jul 31, 2012
- How Oprah helped Lady Gaga overcome 'stage fright' - May 06, 2010
- President Barack Obama Hosts Gala State Dinner For Chinese President Hu Jintao - Jan 20, 2011
- Gyllenhaal gifts $15,000 guitar to Swift - Dec 20, 2010
- Taylor Swift being considered for 'Valentine's Day' follow-up - Aug 07, 2010
- David Letterman Refers To The Well-Known Socialite, Paris Hilton, As An Idiot - Sep 03, 2010
- Taylor Swift's Concert Tickets Being Sold In Advance - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Made in Chelsea' to return for 2 more seasons - Jul 18, 2012
- Anna Wintour Upfront On '60 Minutes' With Morley Safer - May 31, 2010
- Britney's show the best, say Hilton, Kardashian - Jun 22, 2011
- Taylor Swift Unveils Her Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds - Oct 29, 2010
- Paris Hilton's Christmas card is sexy & glamorous - Dec 18, 2010
- Leona Lewis still scared of mentor Simon Cowell - Feb 27, 2010
Tags: affection, anna wintour, bad girl, celebrity culture, celebs, commercial success, conventional sense, einstein, famous people, gatekeeper, good girl, greatness, high profile, lister, listers, major stars, paris hilton, singer songwriter, taylor swift, vogue editor