Whoopi Goldberg’s lost letter to Charlie SheenMarch 20th, 2011 - 4:03 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 20 (ANI): A letter that Whoopi Goldberg sent to Charlie Sheen in 1999, wishing him success in kicking his drug habit, has been unearthed.
The letter, containing heartfelt words of support, is postmarked February 1999 - less than a year after Charlie famously overdosed by injecting himself with cocaine - and it references the actor’s post-rehab ‘20/20′ interview, in which Charlie claimed to be off the drug.
“Saw your interview on ‘20/20.’ I’m so glad your path is clearer. Having lived on that path for many years, it’s good to know that you’ve gone in another direction,” TMZ.com quoted Goldberg — who has publicly discussed her own battle with substance abuse - as saying in the letter.
She also pulled a quick one on Sheen by writing: “I’m keeping my fingers, eyes and butt (because it’s big enough now) crossed for your success.” (ANI)
- Eastwood persuaded Sheen for rehab - Jul 08, 2012
- Sheen miffed with 'Two And a Half Men' boss - Apr 30, 2011
- Sheen miffed at hotel trashing rumours - Jun 30, 2012
- Sheen wants full legal custody of his twins - Apr 19, 2011
- Sheen's ex heading back to rehab - Jul 18, 2011
- Charlie Sheen apologises to Kutcher - Feb 22, 2012
- Charlie Sheen wants to star in a Major League sequel - Feb 22, 2011
- Brooke Mueller back in rehab after week of binging - Apr 18, 2011
- Sheen paying for Mueller's rehab? - Aug 01, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to rejoin 'Two and a Half Men' end of February - Feb 03, 2011
- Charlie Sheen not facing drug charges despite 'cocaine use' - Feb 01, 2011
- Brooke Mueller ready to go to rehab - Dec 12, 2011
- 'Two And A Half Men' bosses slam Sheen for lies - Apr 15, 2011
- Charlie Sheen 'nearly died 4 times from drug overdoses' - Mar 10, 2011
- Mueller can't be drug dealer: Charlie Sheen - Dec 09, 2011