Whoopi Goldberg smoked cannabis before accepting her 1992 OscarMarch 25th, 2011 - 1:47 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Mar 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Whoopi Goldberg according to the celebrity website TMZ smoked cannabis before mounting the stage to accept her award as best supporting actress in 1992 during the Oscars.
The 55-year-old said when she got on stage she was so high that she has to mentally coach herself to give the acceptance speech. She explained that she smoked the pot to ‘calm her nerves’.
Goldberg said that, “I learned a great lesson though. Never smoke pot before there’s the possibility of having to talk to one hundred million people. Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are one thing that relaxes me and I thought, ‘I’ve got to relax.”
Well Goldberg later realized that she has not been able to pull the mat over the eyes of everybody. She said her mother called her just after accepting the award and told her point blank that she has smoked some pot. Her mother managed to guess so because of her eyes, Goldberg revealed. She later requested for the tape and examined it to determine if it was so clear that she had smoked.
Goldberg won the Best Supporting Actress for her role in the highly successful 1991 movie “Ghost” during the 1992 Oscars.
- I smoked weed before 1991 Oscar speech, reveals Whoopi Goldberg - Mar 25, 2011
- Whoopi Goldberg Responds to Rebuttal by New York Times - Feb 16, 2011
- Teacher Emma Johnson, Mother of Whoopi Goldberg Dies - Sep 09, 2010
- Kristen Stewart admits that she smokes pot - Jun 06, 2012
- Whoopi Goldberg recalls 'mooning' Patrick Swayze - Sep 16, 2009
- Whoopi Goldberg pays UK Prime Minister surprise visit - Aug 12, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg quits 'Sister Act' musical to visit ailing mum - Aug 29, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg slips off her sandals while promoting 'Sister Act' in Austria - May 02, 2011
- Got the munchies? Try Oakland prof's savoury cannabis recipes! - Dec 08, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg opens up about her pain after mother's death - Oct 05, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg to star in West End production of 'Sister Act' - Jul 08, 2010
- 'Ghost' set for Japanese remake - May 16, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg apologizes to New York Times - Feb 17, 2011
- Patrick Swayze's 'Ghost' heads for Japanese remake - May 17, 2010
- O'Reilly's 'Muslims killed us on 9/11' remark prompts Whoopi to walk off - Oct 15, 2010