Whoopi Goldberg opens up about her pain after mother’s deathOctober 5th, 2010 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 5 (ANI): Whoopi Goldberg has opened up about her pain following her mother’s death in August (10).
Emma Johnson suffered a stroke and passed away on 29 August (10), leaving Goldberg shattered.
And the Ghost star admits she’s still coming to terms with her mum’s death and is concentrating on work to cope with the tragedy.
“I’m still in the processing phase. It’s really hard to believe that she’s gone. I used to talk to her every day. I’m still in the habit of talking to her, you know, but I just wish she were here with me. Every day she’d say, ‘I’m proud of you’, and I would respond, ‘I’m proud of you.’ I was very lucky to have her as a mother,” the Daily Star quoted Goldberg as telling People.com.
“I know she had a great life, so I can’t be too sad. She had a great time of it. But of course I’m sad because I really miss her.
“I’ve been keeping really busy. Of course, there’s ‘The View’. I did two movies… and I have a book coming out next week… It’s good to have things to do, to be working. Working makes me happy,” she added. (ANI)
- Teacher Emma Johnson, Mother of Whoopi Goldberg Dies - Sep 09, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg Responds to Rebuttal by New York Times - Feb 16, 2011
- Whoopi Goldberg smoked cannabis before accepting her 1992 Oscar - Mar 25, 2011
- Whoopi Goldberg mourning mother's death - Sep 08, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg slips off her sandals while promoting 'Sister Act' in Austria - May 02, 2011
- Whoopi Goldberg vows never to wed again - Feb 20, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg opens up about her drug addiction - Feb 04, 2011
- Saying goodbye to Potter makes 20-year-old Emma Watson feel 'retired' - Nov 12, 2010
- I still speak to mom, says Houston's daughter - Mar 14, 2012
- Beyonce pays handwritten tribute to mom - May 15, 2012
- Kate Gosselin Clears Up Plastic Surgery, Bachelorette Rumors on 'The View' - Jul 07, 2010
- I smoked weed before 1991 Oscar speech, reveals Whoopi Goldberg - Mar 25, 2011
- Whoopi Goldberg apologizes to New York Times - Feb 17, 2011
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- Simulated sex scenes in 'Easy A' were 'real workout', says Emma Stone - Dec 16, 2010