Whoopi Goldberg, Martina McBride believe true success has nothing to do with luckMay 24th, 2009 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 24 (ANI): Do you believe that celebrities were lucky that they have become big shots in their respective fields of professions? Well, if you do, better think again.
Mega church pastor Joel Osteen, country superstar Martina McBride, multimillionaire entrepreneur Chris Gardner, comedienne Whoopi Goldberg, NBA superstar Dikembe Mutombo, and world-renowned flutist Sir James Galway are some of the celebrities who strongly believe that true success has nothing to do with luck.
All of them are of the onion that anyone wanting to change his/her life has the power to do so, reports Fox News.
Sitting together, all six of them have now enlisted some of the common threads they share: lessons they picked up on their own personal journeys towards what they describe as happy and fulfilled lives.
The list is as follows:
1. How You Think Is Everything. - Learn to visualize success and not failure. The phrase “You are what you think” is a powerful idea. Don’t listen to the voices that are pulling you down — you can’t spend all your time trying to win over your critics. Run your own race.
2. It’s Not About the Money - Material things are the results of success, but are not success itself. It’s great having a nice home, a six-figure salary or luxury vacations, but success isn’t measured by the dollars. It’s measured by how satisfied you feel.
3. Goals, Goal, Goals - Remember that goals must be meaningful and personal; otherwise, you won’t be inspired to achieve them.
4. Great Expectations - For something desirable to happen, you must want the event to happen, firmly believing it will occur and expecting it to take place.
5. To Fail Is to Succeed - Failure pushes you to levels you never dreamed of, and can open doors you never thought possible. See failure as a life lesson for what works and what doesn’t.
6. Dream Big - Never be afraid to follow the dreams of your heart. It’s the fuel for success. Your dreams give you the energy and inspiration to aim for an authentic life.
7. Take Responsibility - Stop expecting things to just happen without action. You need to take action to reach your goals, without blaming others for bumps or setbacks you may find along the way. Own the choices you make: Be a victor, not a victim.
8. Positive, Not Negative - If you are passionate about your dreams and goals, you’re likely to attract people who will want to support and help you. Call on them when you need encouragement or guidance.
9. Never Stop Learning - Read books, take classes, take the time to learn all you can about things that excite, motivate or inspire you. Never lose that sense of wonder or curiosity when it comes to seeking more knowledge.
10. Belief in a Higher Power - Regardless of your religion, develop a strong sense of faith in God and have a daily attitude of gratitude for what you have in this life. Believe that there is a divine purpose to your life and know that there is power in prayer. (ANI)
Tags: big shots, chris gardner, comedienne, common threads, country superstar, dikembe mutombo, figure salary, fox news, great expectations, joel osteen, luxury vacations, martina mcbride, material things, multimillionaire, nba superstar, pastor joel osteen, personal journeys, sir james galway, true success, whoopi goldberg