Who Are The Most Profitable Bollywood Actors Of 2010?December 28th, 2010 - 1:01 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Bollywood has seen many ups and downs throughout this year but managed to give some really big movies with huge earnings. Today, some of the actors, directors and producers will be awarded at the ‘ETC Bollywood Business Awards 2010’ for being most profitable this year.
Surprisingly, Ajay Devgan and Katrina Kaif has managed to get the top slot defeating other A-listers. Ajay had total six releases this year including recently released Toonpur Ka Superhero. Apart from Akrosh and the recent release, Ajay’s other four releases were big hit at the Box Office. His other four films include Rajneeti, Golmaal 3, Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge and Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai.
This is for the first time, the evaluation is being done on the basis of return on investment. Considering the economic quotient of the movies, the actors are chosen to be on the top spots. As per the ETC research, the Indian viewers paid a total of Rs.282 crore to watch the films of Ajay.
On the other hand, Katrina Kaif became the most profitable heroine as Indian viewers paid a total of Rs.142 crore to watch her movies Rajneeti and the recently released Tees Maar Khan.
Debutant Abhinav Kashyap became the most profitable director for his blockbuster Dabangg, which became the highest grosser of 2010. Audiences paid a total
of more than Rs.140 crore to watch this movie. The same movie made Arbaaz Khan the most successful producer of the year.
- Ajay, Katrina announced most profitable actors of 2010 - Dec 27, 2010
- Handful of hits, big duds jolt Bollywood (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 17, 2010
- Law Of Averages Hits Ajay Devgn - Oct 29, 2010
- Ajay Devgan -A Versatility Expert? - Jun 07, 2010
- Ajay the most versatile actor: Kajol - Dec 08, 2010
- Katrina reigns Bollywood as queen bee (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 25, 2010
- Mixing and matching lead pairs - Bollywood tries new recipe - Jun 02, 2010
- 'Once Upon A Time…' leads IIFA nominations - Apr 02, 2011
- Ajay Devgn seeks blessings in Ajmer for new film - Jan 04, 2010
- Bollywood counts its losses in first quarter - Apr 28, 2010
- Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?' going strong at the Box office - Mar 11, 2010
- Konkona is not promoting Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge? - Feb 22, 2010
- Ajay Devgn Visits Ajmer Sharif - Jan 04, 2010
- Katrina's 'Sheila Ki Jawani' brings crowds to TMK - Dec 24, 2010
- I'm always under pressure to promote films: Ajay Devgn (Interview) - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: abhinav, ajay devgan, arbaaz khan, audiences, blockbuster, bollywood actors, business awards, crore, debutant, four films, heroine, indian viewers, kashyap, katrina kaif, quotient, return on investment, superhero, top slot, ups, ups and downs