Whitney’s New Jersey mansion might be sold off soonFebruary 16th, 2012 - 8:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Newark, NJ, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The New Jersey mansion of late singer Whitney Houston has been listed on and off the market for years. However with the death of the singer, the sellers have new confidence that the property will sell soon.
The 12,561-square-foot, five-bedroom mansion marks the moment in the life of Houston when drugs and marriage struggle took stronghold of her life. She lived in the house with former husband Bobby Brown.
The property was listed on the market in 2009 by broker Robert Cross. The initial asking price was $2.5 million but after little interest was shown in the property, the house was taken off the market. The price was then revised to $2.1 million and again to $1.97 million in 2010.
The house was again taken off the market and re-listed in January 2011 for $1.75 million. The house which sits on five acres of land was featured on Bravo’s reality show “Being Bobby Brown” which also featured Houston.
Houston was found dead in a Beverly Hilton hotel on Saturday. A memorial will be held for the late singer on Saturday at her hometown of Newark. There are conflicting reports regarding whether ex husband Bobby Brown will be allowed at the event.
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Mary Kay Ash's pink mansion up for sale - Feb 20, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina's problems are 'out of control' - Feb 24, 2012
- Alicia Keys performs at Whitney Houston's funeral - Feb 21, 2012
- Wahlberg cuts down price of his house - Sep 15, 2011
- Houston's mother, daughter lead mourners - Feb 18, 2012
- Houston planned to remarry Bobby Brown? - Mar 23, 2012
- Galaxy of stars pay tearful tribute to Houston - Feb 19, 2012
- Bobby Brown to write a tell all book about Whitney Houston - Feb 22, 2012
- Today is Whitney Houston's birthday - Aug 09, 2012
- Whitney Houston is sending her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown to rehab - Mar 17, 2011
- Houston leaves fortune for daughter - Mar 08, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Kate Moss' London mansion on sale for $11m - Mar 09, 2011
- Whitney Houston Attends Bobby Brown's Mother's Funeral - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: 1 million, 5 million, asking price, being bobby brown, beverly hilton hotel, confidence, conflicting reports, drugs, five acres, hometown, houston houston, marriage, newark nj, reality show, robert cross, singer whitney houston, square foot, struggle, whitney houston