Whitney’s mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangementsFebruary 15th, 2012 - 12:05 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Newark, Feb 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) TMZ is reporting that the burial venue for Whitney Houston has become a subject of contention among her family members. The report says Whitney’s mother, Cissy, is not happy with current arrangements for the late singer to be buried in Newark, NJ.
Instead, the report claims that Cissy is asking the body to be taken to Atlanta claiming that it was the place where Houston was happiest. Cissy currently has the support of Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick.
Houston’s body has reportedly been flown to New Jersey awaiting the a possible memorial over the weekend.
TMZ quoted a source as saying that, “Michael Jackson did not want to be buried in New Jersey, and Whitney did not want to be buried in New Jersey.”
Houston was found dead in her bathtub. Reports suggest that she took combination of prescription drugs including the anti-anxiety drug Xanax.
Cissy told reporters that she was “devastated” by the death of her daughter. She released a statement that said that, “We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Whitney. This is an unimaginable tragedy and we will miss her terribly. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support from her fans and friends.”
Houston’s ex husband Bobby Brown has also reacted to the death of the 48-year-old. He said he was “deeply saddened” by the death of his former wife. Brown is often blamed for introducing Houston to drugs.
- Houston's mother, daughter lead mourners - Feb 18, 2012
- Whitney's New Jersey mansion might be sold off soon - Feb 16, 2012
- Galaxy of stars pay tearful tribute to Houston - Feb 19, 2012
- Whitney Houston's body flown to New Jersey on Tyler Perry's private jet - Feb 14, 2012
- Today is Whitney Houston's birthday - Aug 09, 2012
- Is Bobby Brown going to attend Whitney Houston funeral? - Feb 15, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina's problems are 'out of control' - Feb 24, 2012
- I'm proud of my daughter: Houston's mom - Mar 31, 2012
- Nancy Shevell and Paul McCartney pay tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 15, 2012
- Alicia Keys performs at Whitney Houston's funeral - Feb 21, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Carrie Underwood wore a Gomez-Gracia gown at the Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Did Houston mix prescription drugs with alcohol? - Feb 13, 2012
- Chris Brown performs at the Grammy Awards 2012 - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: anxiety, bathtub, bobby brown, contention, cousin, dionne warwick, family members, feb 14, funeral arrangements, love, michael jackson, newark nj, outpouring, prescription drugs, tmz, tragedy, venue, whitney houston, xanax