Whitney Port, Mischa Barton shed tears on watching Obama InaugurationJanuary 21st, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 21 (ANI): While Barack Obamas swearing-in ceremony was an emotional moment for many, even celebrities including Whitney Port, Mischa Barton and Kim Kardashian couldnt help getting their eyes wet on watching the Inauguration on TV.
All the three ladies even shared their experiences of watching the welcoming ceremony on their blogs.
“While watching the events of today’’s inauguration all morning, I couldn”t help but be overwhelmed with tears of excitement at the prospect of change!!! I have never been more proud to be a young, American adult,” Us Magazine quoted The City star as saying in her blog.
She added: “We have witnessed one of the most momentous occasions in our country’’s history and must remember these feelings of hope forever and ever. Be sure to embrace such a moment and appreciate how connected we all feel today…No matter our differences, we are all human beings that deserve the freedoms such change can and WILL renew.”
On the other hand, UK-born Barton called Obama’’s swearing-in ceremony “absolutely incredible. Obama’’s speech rung so true, and is the reason why I made myself an American citizen.”
The former O.C. star revealed that she “cried, I won”t lie. I cried for the people being hit by our economic crisis, including my friends, and for the people who don”t understand the spirit of good Americans.
She added: “Had he not won, I would not be proud to be an American any longer. I live in France for the freedom America once offered — I have all my faith in Obama. I”m not a religious person but may God bless him and his family.”
Kardashian said the election “was the first time I”ve ever voted and I”m so proud that Barack Obama is now our president! (ANI)
- Kim Kardashian speaks in defense of the high waisted 'mom jeans' - May 10, 2010
- Tradition meets pomp as Pranab sworn in president (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- U.S. officially ends nearly nine-year-long war in Iraq - Dec 15, 2011
- 'It's time to recognize the Armenian Genocide': Kim Kardashian - Apr 22, 2011
- Obama scripts history at noon (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2009
- Rush Limbaugh calls President Obama "Barack Kardashian" - Jun 07, 2012
- Happiest day of my life: Pranab's elder sister - Jul 25, 2012
- Olympic gatecrasher now hogs limelight in virtual world (Olympic diary) - Aug 04, 2012
- Jai Ho! Bollywood tweets on India's World Cup victory - Apr 03, 2011
- No foreigners at Egypt president's inauguration - Jun 29, 2012
- Indians hail Obama taking over as US president - Jan 21, 2009
- Diddy denies using celeb status for entry to Obama''s swearing-in - Jan 03, 2009
- Catherine is perfect, says Mischa Barton - Aug 27, 2012
- Mischa Barton splits from latest boyfriend - Sep 23, 2010
- Long-cherished aspiration fulfilled: Dalai Lama - Aug 08, 2011
Tags: american adult, american citizen, barack obama, city star, economic crisis, emotional moment, even celebrities, excitement, experiences, feelings, freedom america, freedoms, human beings, inauguration, jan 21, kim kardashian, mischa barton, momentous occasions, religious person, swearing in ceremony