Whitney Huston ‘countersuing stepmom for $1.6m’April 9th, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 9 (ANI): American singer Whitney Huston is countersuing her stepmother for 1.6 million dollars over mortgage loan payments, it has emerged.
The 45-year-old crooner claims that her stepmum Barbara Houston owes her the money for failing to make loan payments for the condominium she has lived since 1987, reports Fox News.
Barbara had sued the Grammy winner last year, claiming that she had reprehensively kept proceeds from dad John Houston’s 1 million dollar insurance policy after he died in 2003.
She said that Whitney was supposed to subtract 723,000 dollars from the insurance money to provide her stepmother with a clear title.
However, the singer says she provided her father with a mortgage loan to purchase the condo and claims to owe the principal and all the interest when he died. (ANI)
- Houston sued by stepmother - Dec 18, 2008
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Whitney Houston has spent her entire fortune - Jan 25, 2012
- Houston planned to remarry Bobby Brown? - Mar 23, 2012
- Houston to be buried next to dad - Feb 17, 2012
- Whitney Houston's family in reality show - May 13, 2012
- Were Whitney, Jermaine in love? - Mar 04, 2012
- Ray J distraught over Whitney Houston's death - Feb 13, 2012
- Today is Whitney Houston's birthday - Aug 09, 2012
- Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Toni Braxton's mounting tax woes - Apr 06, 2010
- Houston's fellow hotel guests demand refund - Feb 21, 2012
- Whitney Houston's friend writes book - Jun 16, 2012
- Morgan mistakes a drag queen for Houston - Jul 17, 2012
- Celebs condole Whitney Houston's death - Feb 12, 2012
Tags: 1 million, 6 million, american singer, condominium, crooner, dad john, fox news, grammy winner, insurance, insurance money, insurance policy, john houston, million dollars, mortgage loan payments, proceeds, stepmom, stepmother, stepmum, whitney huston