Whitney Houston sings at Mama Brown’s funeralFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 7:36 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Whitney Houston sang at the funeral of her ex-husband’s mother.
The singer and Bobby Brown divorced about four years ago but that did not prevent her from singing at the funeral of Carole Brown.
The singer on Monday sang, “Precious Lord,” “Take My Hand” and “Never Would Have Made It” at the funeral. The singer afterwards paid tribute to the woman many people chose to call Mama Brown.
Houston said that though she has been divorced from Bobby Brown for four years now, she insisted that she has always seen Carole as her mother-in-law. Videos of the performance and the funeral were uploaded on YouTube afterwards.
That action which was done by an unidentified person has upset many people that claim that it does not honor Carole. The family also maintains that they wanted the funeral to be purely private.
Bobby Brown released a statement last week informing the world about the death of her mother. The singer’s statement said, “It is a sad time for me right now. I am experiencing a tremendous loss but I vow to celebrate her life in every way that I can with my entire family.”
- Whitney Houston Attends Bobby Brown's Mother's Funeral - Feb 02, 2011
- Whitney Houston Sings At The Funeral For The Deceased Mama Brown - Feb 02, 2011
- Is Bobby Brown going to attend Whitney Houston funeral? - Feb 15, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina to see Whitney's body Saturday - Feb 17, 2012
- Galaxy of stars pay tearful tribute to Houston - Feb 19, 2012
- Houston leaves fortune for daughter - Mar 08, 2012
- Whitney Houston is sending her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown to rehab - Mar 17, 2011
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina's problems are 'out of control' - Feb 24, 2012
- Whitney Houston's family in reality show - May 13, 2012
- Bobby Brown to write a tell all book about Whitney Houston - Feb 22, 2012
- Today is Whitney Houston's birthday - Aug 09, 2012
- Winfrey interviews Houston's girl - Mar 08, 2012
- Houston's mother, daughter lead mourners - Feb 18, 2012
- Alicia Keys performs at Whitney Houston's funeral - Feb 21, 2012