Whitney Houston ’secretly paid $400k ransom to hubby kidnapping thugs’April 5th, 2009 - 1:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 5 (ANI): Whitney Houston secretly paid 400,000 dollars to drug gangsters to save her kidnapped ex-husband’s life, claims a new book.
According to writer David Collins, her former husband Bobby Brown was ‘knocked out with one punch’ and taken hostage at gunpoint by New York street gang called the Preacher Crew in April 1993.
“When he awoke, Bobby was naked and hog-tied, his mouth stuffed with a rag,” the Daily Express quoted Collins as saying in his autobiography, Preacher of the Streets.
Ex-gang member Collins alleged that the thugs threatened to kill Brown unless the ransom was handed to them personally by the singer.
He continued: “The Preacher left the room and his men then terrorised Bobby for two hours. They kicked him. They told him they would kill Whitney.
“One of them put a gun to his head. Bobby was weeping when the Preacher came back in the room, begging the Preacher to let him call Whitney.”
Frightened Houston, who did not report the matter to the authorities, later disguised herself in a wig and dark glasses and paid the money in a duffle bag to 6ft 7in gang chief Clarence “Preacher” Heatley, it was claimed.
He added: “They came to an agreement. She was personally going to bring 400,000 dollars to get her man back. The next day, she did just that. She was wearing a wig. She paid the money. Bobby was free to go.”
The couple put an end to their 15-year-marriage in April 2007. (ANI)
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Houston leaves fortune for daughter - Mar 08, 2012
- Whitney Houston Attends Bobby Brown's Mother's Funeral - Feb 02, 2011
- Whitney Houston is sending her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown to rehab - Mar 17, 2011
- Bobbi Kristina's problems are 'out of control' - Feb 24, 2012
- Houston planned to remarry Bobby Brown? - Mar 23, 2012
- Whitney Houston has spent her entire fortune - Jan 25, 2012
- Whitney's New Jersey mansion might be sold off soon - Feb 16, 2012
- Whitney Houston sings at Mama Brown's funeral - Feb 02, 2011
- Is Bobby Brown going to attend Whitney Houston funeral? - Feb 15, 2012
- Nancy Shevell and Paul McCartney pay tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 15, 2012
- Was Osama bin Laden obsessed with Whitney Houston? - May 11, 2011
- Bobby Brown to write a tell all book about Whitney Houston - Feb 22, 2012
- Ex-hubby Bobby Brown shattered by Houston's death - Feb 13, 2012
- Today is Whitney Houston's birthday - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: authorities, autobiography, bobby brown, clarence, daily express, dark glasses, duffle bag, gang member, gangsters, gunpoint, hog, hostage, hubby, preacher, punch, ransom, street gang, whitney houston, wig, writer david