Whitney Houston lands posthumous Guinness recordSeptember 7th, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 7 (IANS) Late singer Whitney Houston has entered the Guinness World Records after 12 of her tracks became chart toppers following her death in February.
Houston’s fans flocked to buy her old catalogue soon after her death. She died in a suite at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles Feb 11, reports express.co.uk
She has entered into the Guinness World Records for Most Simultaneous Hits on the British singles chart by a solo female, an honour which was previously bestowed upon late singer Amy Winehouse following her death in 2011.
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Houston to be buried next to dad - Feb 17, 2012
- Chaka Khan says that Whitney Houston was a friend and a little sister - Feb 15, 2012
- Whitney Houston's family in reality show - May 13, 2012
- Singer Whitney Houston dies at Beverly Hills hotel - Feb 12, 2012
- Carrie Underwood wore a Gomez-Gracia gown at the Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Today is Whitney Houston's birthday - Aug 09, 2012
- Pop star Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Drug abuse part of Hollywood's heritage: Mahesh Bhatt - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: amy winehouse, beverly hilton hotel, british singles, chart toppers, express co, guinness record, guinness world records, honour, hotel in los angeles, london, simultaneous hits, singer whitney houston, solo female, whitney houston