Whitney Houston died of accidental drowningMarch 23rd, 2012 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, March 23 (IANS) The Los Angeles County coroner’s office has confirmed that late singer Whitney Houston’s cause of death was accidental drowning.
The 48-year-old was found dead in a Beverly Hills hotel room Feb 11. Houston was found to have cocaine in her system. An investigation revealed that the contributing factors to her death included heart disease and cocaine use.
The report also found that Houston had marijuana, Xanax, Benadryl and other medication in her system.
“There was water found in her lungs that indicated to us that she was alive when she was submerged underwater,” said coroner chief Craig Harvey, reports people.com.
“According to our tests, the level of cocaine was not necessarily a lethal level. But her death was complicated by chronic cocaine use and heart disease.”
The circumstances of Houston’s death come down to two likely scenarios, added coroner assistant chief Ed Winter
“She could’ve passed out first due to the intoxication from the cocaine, or she could’ve had a heart attack and then drowned. It’s probably one of those two scenarios.”
Coroner officials had previously confirmed that prescription pill bottles were found in her room, but the number of pills were “not in alarming amounts.”
- Did Houston mix prescription drugs with alcohol? - Feb 13, 2012
- Houston hid drug habit from close ones - Jun 18, 2012
- Whitney Houston's body flown to New Jersey on Tyler Perry's private jet - Feb 14, 2012
- Amber Riley's Whitney Houston's cover on Glee - Feb 16, 2012
- Was Whitney Houston murdered? - Mar 07, 2012
- Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Houston to be buried next to dad - Feb 17, 2012
- Carrie Underwood wore a Gomez-Gracia gown at the Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Chaka Khan says that Whitney Houston was a friend and a little sister - Feb 15, 2012
- Whitney Houston's family in reality show - May 13, 2012
- Julianne Hough's dress at the Grammy Awards 2012 is a hit - Feb 13, 2012
- Nancy Shevell and Paul McCartney pay tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 15, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Today is Whitney Houston's birthday - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: assistant chief, benadryl, beverly hills hotel, cause of death, cocaine use, heart attack, heart disease, hotel room, intoxication, los angeles county, los angeles county coroner, lungs, marijuana, pill bottles, pills, prescription pill, scenarios, singer whitney houston, whitney houston, xanax