Whitaker signs up for gangster flick ‘Mr Untouchable’November 14th, 2007 - 8:16 am ICT by admin
The Showtime project is based on helmer Marc Levin’s just-released Magnolia documentary of the same name.
Variety reports that Whitaker and Levin will be executive producers on the pic, with David Burke penning the script and also serving as exec producer.
The series will tell the story of how Barnes built a drug empire in the 1970s that rivaled that of the Italian Mafia. It will show how he rose to great heights, but with his success coming at the expense of his Harlem community.
The pic will also detail the government’s war on drugs and how it failed for years to bring Barnes down. (ANI)
- London riots: Duggan was Manchester ganglord's nephew - Aug 12, 2011
- Two foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.3 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Israeli, Russian mafia export drugs from Goa: NCP - Jul 06, 2011
- Kamat calls for report on Goa police-politician-drug mafia nexus - Jan 12, 2011
- No drug mafia in Goa, asserts minister - Dec 21, 2010
- $2 mn drug haul seized in Moscow region - Aug 24, 2012
- Goa Police tried to kill me: Israeli drug dealer - Aug 26, 2011
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- CBI points to links between Goa Police, drug mafia - Oct 01, 2011
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Julianna Farrait Apprehended In Puerto Rico For Attempting To Vend Drugs - May 22, 2010
- CBI can't probe Goa drug nexus, high court told - Mar 22, 2011
- Central government needs time to study Goa drug nexus, court told - Mar 10, 2011
- Manchester City's Balotelli saw a table of cocaine - Nov 09, 2011
- Extradition process on for runaway Israeli drug dealer: Police - May 10, 2011
Tags: drug empire, exec producer, executive producers, gangster flick, great heights, harlem community, helmer, heroin dealer, italian mafia, leroy nicky barnes, magnolia, marc levin, mr untouchable, showtime, tell the story, variety reports, war on drugs