When Zac Efron couldn’t recognise himselfApril 15th, 2012 - 10:10 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 15 (IANS) Actor Zac Efron has admitted that he didn’t recognise himself after piling on around 8 kg of muscle to play a war veteran in his new movie “The Lucky One”.
The 24-year-old says he was impressed with his own will power.
“By the end of the movie, I didn’t recognise myself,” Efron told Men’s Health magazine, reports usmagazine.com.
“You hear about guys like Christian Bale who dive into it and are really able to transform. I’ve always wondered if I had the will power to actually do it. And I’ll always have pride around the sense that I can,” he added.
Efron thinks his willingness to work hard pays and has played a huge part in his successful career.
“I could pick up almost anything. If you put it in front of me, I could always find a way to tackle it.
“While training for ‘The Lucky One’, I’d get this strange sense of power as those weights increased. I was never a natural at anything, but I could always outwork everybody,” he added.
- Playing a perfect guy annoyed Efron - Apr 06, 2012
- Efron, Hudgens have friendly reunion - Apr 08, 2011
- Love scenes with Kidman highlight of Efron's life - Mar 08, 2012
- Efron didn't cash in on success - May 07, 2012
- Zac Efron Is Teresa Palmer's New Beau? - Feb 06, 2011
- Efron finds giving voice-over weird - Mar 06, 2012
- Swift teaches guitar to Efron - Mar 03, 2012
- "The Lucky One" Co-stars Zac Efron And Taylor Schilling Dating? - Dec 22, 2010
- Zoe Saldana desperate for kids - Apr 29, 2012
- Hudgens says Efron kept her grounded! - Mar 15, 2011
- Efron blown away by Taylor Schilling - Apr 23, 2012
- 'The Lucky One' - Mills & Boons for teens (IANS Movie Review) - May 05, 2012
- Actor Zac Efron packs on the pounds - Jan 12, 2011
- For Efron, kissing Pfeiffer wasn't easy - Dec 07, 2011
- Zac Efron admits visiting strip club - Jul 30, 2010