When Watson went from being ‘Hermione’ to a hottie!November 28th, 2010 - 3:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 28 (ANI): Emma Watson, who played Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series, has admitted that her new haircut was a symbolic gesture, to mark her leaving her character behind.
“I’m 20 now, so I’m not a child any more. I’ve been on Harry Potter for ten years now, so I felt the need to mark the end of it in some way - I needed some way to say to myself, ‘Right, you’re entering a new phase of your life now’. I needed a change, and that’s what the haircut is about,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
Soon after she finished shooting the final Potter film, Watson went to a hairdresser, handed him a picture of Mia Farrow and ordered him to get rid of her ‘Hermione hair’.
She said that her father was initially not thrilled about her new look.
“When I first told him that I was thinking about doing it, he said, ‘Don’t get carried away. You’re not Audrey Hepburn yet.’ But he loves it now, and so he’s eating his words,” Watson added. (ANI)
- Emma Watson's 'pixie' cut inspired by Mia Farrow's short hairdo - Nov 19, 2010
- Freshly shorn Emma out of Hermione days with new look - Sep 13, 2010
- Emma Watson plans to lead a normal life - Jul 12, 2011
- Emma wants to explore herself - Jul 10, 2011
- Emma Watson ready for life after 'Harry Potter' - Nov 15, 2010
- Emma Watson is planning to go back to Brown University - Jul 19, 2011
- Emma Watson quits college - Mar 08, 2011
- Emma Watson's schoolmate sold her childhood belongings on eBay - Aug 08, 2010
- Emma Watson says she's the worst in her acting class - May 07, 2010
- Emma Watson to flaunt her body in next - Jul 11, 2011
- Emma Watson will miss 'Harry Potter' - Dec 02, 2010
- Emma Watson living 'normal life' on campus - Sep 26, 2010
- Children are scared of me: Emma Watson - Jul 07, 2011
- Emma Watson feels shy around fans - Jul 25, 2012
- Emma Watson wants to be a strong role model - Jul 13, 2011