When TV channels refuse break, Ekta’s soaps take leapsAugust 10th, 2012 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 10 (IANS) Film producer and TV czarina Ekta Kapoor says TV channels’ refusal to give a few months break to shows forces her to incorporate leaps in her shows.
“If channels tell me today that we don’t want a leap and we’ll give you a three-month break and you start from where you leave the story, I will not do a leap,” the 37-year-old said here Thursday at the press conference of her TV show “Parichay”.
Ekta insists that in the absence of a break, a leap is the only way out to bring freshness in serials.
“Whenever you make a show, you deal with daily issues on an episodic basis and after some time it stagnates. Abroad, you get a seasonal break so you can come back with freshness. To bring freshness, sometimes you need to show a different aspect of the story and for that you do a leap. It’s as simple as that,” said Ekta.
“Parichay” has taken a leap of 10 years and features Sameer Soni as Kunal Chopra and and Keerti Nagpure as his wife Siddhi. After the leap they will be seen raising their twins, separated at birth, at two different places.
- Character rules small screen, not story: Samir Soni (With Images) - Aug 16, 2012
- Small screen apes big; creativity down the tube - Jul 07, 2012
- Films are like vacation for me: Ekta Kapoor - Jan 19, 2012
- Middle-aged men rule the roost on television - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Men getting their due on small screen' - Jul 21, 2011
- On TV, Sony ruled the roost (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2011
- Ay, ay, Ekta bitten by numerology bug again - Jun 01, 2010
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- Ekta promised me an image makeover: Sakshi Tanwar - May 29, 2011
- Ideas about item numbers have not changed: Aruna Irani - Aug 19, 2012
- No work, all colourful play on Holi, say TV actors - Mar 06, 2012
- With 'Haunted', audiences queue up to get terrorised again - May 17, 2011
- Ekta inspires most women in showbiz: Bhairavi (Interview) - Mar 17, 2012
- Karan Tacker prefers roles closer to his age - Aug 04, 2012
- Young to old overnight - generational leaps back on TV - Jun 29, 2010