When TV actor Aamir Ali helped a gasping co-passengerApril 26th, 2008 - 11:47 am ICT by admin
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) Not many people know that while flying from Delhi to Mumbai recently, television actor Aamir Ali had the presence of mind to help a gasping cancer patient on the plane. “It was nothing great. I just gave a little help to the man,” Aamir, who features in the Balaji Telefilm’s serial “Kya Dill Mein Hai”, told IANS on phone from Mumbai.
The incident took place around two weeks ago. The man was sitting next to Aamir on the flight and suddenly started gasping. So actor immediately helped him take out the oxygen mask and put it on.
“The person was a cancer patient and as he was finding it difficult to breathe, I helped him.”
Aamir, a “Nach Baliye” winner, used to be a cabin crew member for Sahara Airlines six years ago. “It was our job when I used to be a cabin crew member and it just happened that I was there at that time, so I helped the man,” Aamir said humbly.
About his role in “Kya Dill Mein Hai”. which is aired on the channel 9X, he said: “I feel I have been very lucky on television and I am quite happy with the way my life is. I think I am doing decent work.”
The actor began his stint on small screen with STAR Plus’ “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki” and has also featured in the 2002 comedy film “Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai”. Although he has worked in a few other films, they have “not yet been released”.
At the moment, he is content being seen on TV and wants to wait for the right films to come his way. “Honestly, I am not running after roles. Unless I get a very good offer or a chance to work with an established actor, I don’t think I want to take up movies,” he said. He believes he is best suited for romantic roles.
Aamir, who is dating TV actor Sanjeeda Sheikh of “Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka” fame in real life, says marriage can also wait.
“We will get married, but at the moment it is too early to talk about it,” he told IANS.
Among small screen’s most popular couples, the two actors won the third season of Nach Baliye together and have been offered many reality shows thereafter. He said: “We were offered a lot of reality shows after we won Nach Baliye, but maybe we will do it next year. I want to enjoy our success for a year at least.
“Besides, we have been travelling a lot lately and I am keeping busy. I would say that I am working almost 32 hours a day”.
- Aamir Ali is a good boyfriend: Sanjeeda Sheikh (With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
- Aamir Ali wants to do romantic shows with girlfriend Sanjeeda - Jun 23, 2009
- Rajeshwari understands my profession: Varun Badola - May 13, 2012
- Shocking facts made Varun accept 'Phir Subah Hogi' - Apr 10, 2012
- Can't work 30 days in a month, says Gaurav - Sep 04, 2012
- Aamir's proposal was the moment of my life: Sanjeeda (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Salman orders 150 pizzas during shoot (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2010
- I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit Sadh - Jul 11, 2012
- It's tough to convince me: Shweta Tiwari (Interview) - Jan 12, 2012
- Now Preity shoots at Eiffel Tower (Movie Snippets) - Feb 29, 2012
- Karan Tacker prefers roles closer to his age - Aug 04, 2012
- Bollywood's first macho man Dara Singh's filmography - Jul 12, 2012
- Medium not important for Sushant Singh Rajput (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 03, 2012
- Sanjeeda, Aamir to tie knot Friday - Mar 01, 2012
- Aamir Ali is Back - Apr 08, 2009
Tags: aamir ali, balaji telefilm, cabin crew, cancer patient, comedy film, crew member, decent work, dill, ghar ghar, hoga, kahaani ghar ghar ki, oxygen mask, presence of mind, radhika, raha, romantic roles, sahara airlines, television actor, tv actor, yeh kya