When Sylvester Stallone plunged into depressionAugust 3rd, 2010 - 6:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 3 (ANI): ‘Rambo’ star Sylvester Stallone has revealed that as he approached the age of 50 he went into a deep depression because his movie career had stalled.
According to Scotland’s Daily Record, Stallone, 64, also said that he never thought he would find happiness again, after his two failed marriages to actress Sasha Czack and former model Brigitte Nielsen.
But Stallone managed to reboot his career with his hit Rocky and Rambo franchises in 2006 and 2008 respectively, and found love again with his third wife, Jennifer Flavin.
“I was very depressed about my personal life and my career wasn’t in any great shape either,” the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
“I was also about to hit 50 and naturally you start to worry about how you age, how you look and what life has in store for you.
“But I went through that mid-life crisis, if you want to call it that, and today things are looking pretty good.
“You never expect happiness after you’ve gone through a lot of suffering in your life. A lot of my romantic troubles in the past were my own fault because I was too naive and too trusting of certain women in my life.
“I was burned and burned badly. But I also learned a lot about women in the process, good and bad,” he added. (ANI)
- Stallone at 50 was depressed over failing film career - Aug 03, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone leads mourners at Sage's funeral - Jul 23, 2012
- Sage was centre of our universe: Sylvester - Jul 17, 2012
- Stallone bans daughters from dating until middle age - Aug 03, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone shuns Viagra - Aug 26, 2010
- Brigitte Nielsen had sex with Arnie, Sly, and Sean Penn! - Apr 22, 2011
- Stallone Bans Daughters From Dating - Aug 04, 2010
- Stallone working on fifth 'Rambo' movie - May 01, 2012
- Sylvester Stallone's son found dead - Jul 14, 2012
- Sly kills Rambo 5 plans - May 04, 2010
- Violence in modern films 'not good', says Sly - Jul 28, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone won't do drama films - Aug 11, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone Plans To Take Up Direction - Jun 28, 2010
- Sly not guilty about his violent scenes - Aug 13, 2010
- Sly's shock at wife neutering dog in his absence - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: actress, brigitte nielsen, daily record, daily star, depression, former model, franchises, great shape, happiness, london, love, mid life crisis, personal life, rambo, sasha czack, scotland, star sylvester stallone, sylvester stallone, wife jennifer, women in my life